quad shocks and front sway bar question...

Philstang

Oct 28, 2004
I have noticed alot of people removing both the sway bar and quad shocks on their fox bodys. Does removing them actually help out et's for drag racing or is it merely a weight reduction that has no effect otherwise?

• Sponsors (?)

Removing the front sway bar helps improve weight transfer and takes out some weight off the front end.

Removing the quads from the rear end on a car with stock suspension is probably not the best idea. First you will need to get some aftermarket lower control arms.

I'd also like to point out that removing the front sway bar sometimes can effect your ability to control the car on the street when cornering.

Shakerhood said:
Also just replacing the LCAs does not always mean you can remove your quads without wheelhop, it a trial and error thing.

Agreed, I have no quads and upper/lower ca's and still get some serious wheel hop, Im putting my quads back on. People remove quads mainly to fit bigger tires in the rear, Im going to see if I can fit my quads back in.

As for the front sway bar, I took mine out, it depends, if your going for handling, leave it in, if you want a drag style car definitally take it out, its much cooler. The front comes up 2x as high and twists a lot more. Very bouncy when you tap the gas.

Aliate X said:
Agreed, I have no quads and upper/lower ca's and still get some serious wheel hop, Im putting my quads back on. People remove quads mainly to fit bigger tires in the rear, Im going to see if I can fit my quads back in.

As for the front sway bar, I took mine out, it depends, if your going for handling, leave it in, if you want a drag style car definitally take it out, its much cooler. The front comes up 2x as high and twists a lot more. Very bouncy when you tap the gas.

You might try flipping your Quads the other direction as you can pick up just a little more clearance back there.