Quad shocks

• Sponsors (?)

Nope slapper bars were traction bars, they were the 80's version of the big traction bars used on the 60's "street cars" they were used on leaf springs back thenbut they were adapted to coils on the 82GT. My Dad owns two SVO's one 84 serial #00007 with quads, adn one 86 with quads. And yes they all had the Koni Red adjustable struts/shocks.

I think clearance problems come when you get to 255, I have always run 245 on mine and new guys that went to 255 street tires most had clearence problems but a couple did not. But with drag radials I would get some suspension work before launching, if you are going with 255 drag radials you dont want ANY clearence problems. The sidewall is so thin.

I am actually running Cooper Cobra's on it right now, I drive a Lot o Highway mileage and I am getting 35k-40kmiles on a set of tires, plus they are only $90 each mounted and Balaced. I have run Firehawk, goodyear, and perreli at times and the coopers are the best of all worlds. Not real good at any one thing but decent at all.