Quality of abcexclusive hoods?

The Green GT

No 13 year olds are safe around me.
10 Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Louisiana
Im just wondering how well the fit and finish is on their hoods? Im going to more than likely order one real soon.

And how much is it to ship to a residential address usually?

• Sponsors (?)

shipping for me was $150 on their body kit, so a hood shouldn't be that bad, i would hope.

the quality is pretty damn good, i'd say. i'm running their urethane body kit that has taken all the abuse i've drunkenly thrown at it and the hood lines up well (it just doesn't latch, but i think it's because i bought it used/damaged).

next build up, i'm definately buying ABC.

I have their cobra RR hood, and it does look nice, but it was somewhat of a pain to get to fit. I had to use fender washers under all 4 of the hinge holes to raise the hood up enough to sit flush with the fenders. I also had to grind down part of the inside of the hood where it sits over the edge of the headlight housing because it was contacting. It took a few hours of work, and it looks decent, but i know where all the blemishes are. I mean i cant complain, i got it for $200 used and its way better than the stocker. If i were to do it over, and i had the money, id probably buy a cervinis, but money was an issue because i was trying to get the car back together on a limited budget. That being said, if you get a good deal on a used one, and are willing to put a few hours into making it near perfect, then go for it, but for the $80 difference or so between the ABC new and the cervinis new, id get the cervinis. Just my 2 cents....

Heres a pic of mine. You can see where it doesnt sit perfectly where he drivers fender and the hood meet right over the headlight. The hood sits slightly lower.

DSC_0030chopchin.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0030chopchin.jpg
    DSC_0030chopchin.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 65
Cervinis is like $200 more. I could almost get another hood for that much lol. And they dont have the one I want anyway.

I dont mind putting some work in it, but Im just wondering how much I should expect.

Has anyone bought from ABC recently?

Ouch... that's a ways off. How does it look at the cowl? I was thinking of going this route if my 96 Cobra hood won't fit over the new 331. :(

its wierd, cause it lines up perfectly on the other side, and along the fenders, and even at the cowl...its not put on crooked, its just a flaw in the mold i guess...or the previous owner of the hood may have sanded it down a bit to get it to fit with his fenders which may have been lined up differently than mine....

See its pretty much perfect on the other side...

DSCN1234.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN1234.jpg
    DSCN1234.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 69
How does it look at the other end of the hood up by the cowl? I would have had to measure each side of the hood to see what was going on. I wonder how much the fender would have to be compromised to help it. Sigh... good price on it though.

Cervinis is far better, but here's my abc...
100_0313.jpg

100_0315.jpg

100_0303.jpg

Cervini's
IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

Attachments

• 100_0313.jpg
    100_0313.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1082.jpg
    IMG_1082.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1090.jpg
    IMG_1090.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 100_0303.jpg
    100_0303.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 100_0315.jpg
    100_0315.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0637.jpg
    IMG_0637.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0862.jpg
    IMG_0862.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 52
That still makes ABC exclusive like $150 cheaper.

How big is the cowl on your hood turbogt? I want the 3 in one but I think the Cervinis one is a 2 in.

And I just had an epiphany. I think I might use the hood money to get those gears installed. Since all they are doing is collecting dust.

dude, use the money that you would spend on a hood to get those gears installed!!
or get an intake manifold
or both
more horsepower first your car looks fine!

I was actually just debating that. lol

I tried to call my gear guy a few minutes ago and he didnt answer, so **** him. Im gonna call the Speed shop tomm and see how much they want.