Quarter Million...

mransr

Founding Member
Nov 3, 2000
Riverside, SoCal
...miles ;)

IMG_20141005_110127_955_zps569ba2dc.jpg

I hit 250,000 miles the other day and fortunately I wasn't in the middle of anything so I could stop and take a picture...nothing really to say, I just wanted to share :D

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Nice. How does the engine run and perform at this level? Should be good? My 2000 just turned over to 118k I noticed when I changed the oil yesterday evening.

Also are those Mach 1 gauges? I like them. Curious where you got them.

I put in an new engine at about 210,000. It was running fine at the time, but the timing chains were starting to get loud. I stumbled on a really good deal on a brand new, totally complete, OEM engine, so I swapped the engine rather than just doing the timing chains. The trans is about the only part left from the original drive train; I put in 3:73 and had the rear end rebuilt at about 190,000 miles. Hopefully dealing with the transmission will happen this winter. It is getting a bit tough to shift.

I found the gauges on ebay from a wrecking yard. I also have Mach 1 seats from a wrecking yard, but they, along with Mach 1 convertible rears, were re-done by TMI

Way to go. Sounds like it is doing well. I have just over 225k on my 97 gt. Everything still works and the power is better than ever. Changed the chain guides around 180k, but other wise, never opened the engine. I don't drive a much asI used to, so the miles are racking up much slower now. My only complaint is that the valve seals are getting a bit old and leaky.