quater window leak

Jan 17, 2004
ok well after paint I am trying to install all ne weahter stripping and I noticed that the roof weatherstrip leaves a nice size gap between the felt, window, and weather strip. It allows an excessive amount of water in. Any suggetions? :shrug:
the picture looks like the weather stipping ends but it doesn;t goes into pannel about a foot

Attachments

• corner400.jpg
    corner400.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 139
  • Sponsors (?)

The belt weatherstrip was not intended to keep water out. There are drains in the door and quarter to allow the water out. The seals were supposed to keep leaves and children out.

Also, it's worth checking that those drains are clear and/or (as in my case) haven't been filled with sealer by someone doing bodywork. With a convertible, I've become much more interested in making sure the water can get out since keeping it from getting in seems to be a matter of degree rather than an absolute.

ok where are the drains? I looked and scraped about 40 years of dirt and still havent found them. are they in the front, back, or side? That way I have some idea where to remove the goop.