question about clay bars!

VIPERn94Five-0

Founding Member
Apr 28, 2002
Poughkeepsie, NY
ok so i recently bought this "Clay Magic" stuff from autozone, came with a small blue clay bar and some clay lube....it worked GREAT!....but after just one use its kinda hard to find clean clay....so i was wondering...is there any difference between regular clay that you would buy from say an art supply store and the stuff ive got?

Anthony

• Sponsors (?)

I've actually wondered this myself. I am assuming that there is something different about auto clay and art clay. I have noticed that the clay bars I use (Meguiars overspray) don't mush up as easily as art clay, but other than that I'm not sure what the difference is. Maybe someone else can fill us in.

When you clay gets dirty looking, flatten it out then roll it up into a ball again. Each time you do that you expose fresh, clean clay. One bar should be able to do your car at least five or six times, maybe more. But if you drop you bar on the ground, throw it out. You will never be able to pick all the grit out of it and it will scratch the hell out of your paint. Don't ask me how I know this.