Question about compression:

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by Shane's93LX, Dec 12, 2003.

1. AFR 165s came in the mail yesterday. Calling FTI next week for cam, etc, but here's my question since Mr. Curtis is not available til next week:

These heads are at their "stock" 60 or 61 cc chambers, which retains the stock compression. I'm not planning on getting a blower on this car, but, I have a Compucar nitrous kit on the car, and with this combo I'm planning on getting the 75 jets for it. Do any veterans here think it'd be a good idea to have the .024" removed to make the car 10:1 instead of stock? Any advice is appreciated.
  2. if your valves clears the 10:1 compression and everything else is good then go for it. why not?
  3. Well, I dunno.. I originally was going to buy this S trim from a guy in town he only wanted $1000 for the entire kit... only to find out it's an A Trim. So, I had this thought that maybe someday I'd get a blower, but then again, it may not be practical with my financial situation, etc. Therefore, with that being said, the valves should clear, since the cam will be custom-ground to the specs of the car (including the 10:1 mill, 1.6 RRs, etc..

I'm just concerned with whether or not it would give me any issues as far as efficiency or if I'd have to set the timing considerably less.