Question about dumps

4eyegt

Sep 25, 2009
Yuma, Az
I have a set of 2.5" Flowmasters with dumps on my donor car. I was thinking about swapping them over but I'm concerned about exhaust fumes. I drive the car 50 miles round trip everyday to work. I'm concerned about exhaust fumes getting into the car. Local exhaust shop that did my last exhaust won't do dumps on a street legal car due to fumes. Should I just order a set of 2.5" tail pipes?

• Sponsors (?)

I actually got pulled over in my car with flowmaster dumps cause the cop said my car was too loud...I was sitting at a stoplight..When him and his partner looked under my car they wanted to write me a ticket, but I talked my way out of it. You may want to check local laws to see if its something you want to deal with in the future. But to the original question, I never got any excessive fumes, Ive got tails on the car now and I can smell the fumes just as much.

Fumes were never a problem on my friends LX, he had to get rid of them though cause emissions can't get their equipment under your car to test it. If you don't have emissions where you live, I would use them, I have them on my 65.

had dumps on my vert with an O/R h pipe and never could smell any fumes. I got lots of complaments on how it sounded but was sick of the dumps vibrating everything and the noise in the car and put on a cat back.

I've run dumps on my car for 2 years now, personally I have had enough. My car runs a bit rich and that makes everything worse, but the fumes only get bad when you're stopped obviously. It sounds mean with the drone (flowmaster 2chambers) but my car gets pretty dusty really fast with the dumps (black is always tough to stay clean) tailpipes will be back on by summer!!

I've run dumps on my car for 2 years now, personally I have had enough. My car runs a bit rich and that makes everything worse, but the fumes only get bad when you're stopped obviously.

:stupid: except my car dosent run rich, it hovers from 14.5 to 15.4:1 on my wideband, but dont matter, still stanks

I get a ton of fumes and my clohtes end up smelling like exhaust. Guess I might be the only one???

nope, i smell like gas everytime i drive my car, if i dont drive with the windows down its 100x worse, which really sucks driving on a cool fall morning, Dumps are not for me anymore mabye im getting old, my car is pretty loud, full 3" exhaust, "race" style mufflers. For short trips its not bad, but there were a few times this year that i went to the track and spent probly 4 hours in the car, and twice i litterally pulled a piece of dried up blood out of my left ear. Tailpipes are on the winter agenda