Question About Freshly Built Super Charged Engine D

• Sponsors (?)

Just finished my build with super charger and was wondering can I at least start the engine r does it have to be tune first should you break engine I. Before getting a dyno tune

That depends a lot upon what all has been done to it. If you have put in larger injectors, guess what happens when the EEC Tells a 42lb injector (that it thinks is a 19 lb injector) to creep open enough to start the motor?

SPLOOSH!

Now all are rings have a nice gas bath.

So... what's been done to it?

Yes the injectors are bigger than 19lb Kenny Belle recommend 36lb injectors haven't bought them yet cause I don't think there big enough also have the Kenny Belle boost a pump.Just worried about putting a new built engine on a dyno without breaking it in first what u think should I take supercharger off and put stock parts back on and put a couple hundred miles on thanks for your response don't get many opinions about this really appreciate it

Probably not a good idea to mess with it until it's tuned.

It's not the supercharger that is going to wash down your cylinder walls with fuel, it's those 36 lb injectors that the EEC currently has NO IDEA what to do with.

This is the part where you have to fight with yourself to keep impatience in check.

Thanks for the Info really do appreciate it you think when they tune it will it be a tune just for me to break it in are will they just go ahead and do a peak tune

Your motor break-in period will be pretty much over with after the first 5 minutes of idle. Some say a good long deceleration is a good idea. The point is that there's no special magic fairy dust that needs to be sprinkled onto a modern hydro roller build. If it starts and runs without leaking, sucking in unmetered air, or puking out parts, you're good.

Build it how you're going to run it and have a reputable tuner build you a start up/idle/get it on a trailer tune so you can break in the motor in your garage then take it to them (change the oil in between those two things)

Yea I been following your build its a sweet build I have fully forged internals from eagle with the -17 cc dished Pistons got the heads from module Motorsports the twisted wedge ones with the 44 cc chamber stage2 custom cams and a Kenny bell 2.1 charger trying to get bout the same as you want in a quarter mile thanks will it be OK if I holla at you if I run into any issues r questions thanks again for the help really appreciate it