Question about Fuel Pump?

Silver95Stint

Oct 28, 2003
England
I just got my car back from the mechanic after a diagnostic was done. It turns out my 93 LX was cutting off at various times because of a bad fuel pump. My question is what are some of the fuel pumps you all would recommend? The car is totally stock and I plan on keeping it that way for a while. Also my gas tank brackets are rusted pretty bad, would anyone know the parts number to order new ones from the dealer? Or could I order them from another online source? I'm in England so I can't just drive to the Ford Dealer and get the parts I need. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Silver95Stint said:
I just got my car back from the mechanic after a diagnostic was done. It turns out my 93 LX was cutting off at various times because of a bad fuel pump. My question is what are some of the fuel pumps you all would recommend? The car is totally stock and I plan on keeping it that way for a while. Also my gas tank brackets are rusted pretty bad, would anyone know the parts number to order new ones from the dealer? Or could I order them from another online source? I'm in England so I can't just drive to the Ford Dealer and get the parts I need. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Try www.50resto.com for both of your needs...

They sell Walbro 155lph,190, or 255lph replacement fuel pumps...the 190 would be fine for you...that is what I have and I bought it from 50resto.com

They also might have your gas tank brackets...if you search around...

Good Luck

dont forget the tank filler gasket/grommet. pricey little buggers.

as i recall, Walbro is the OEM pump - and they are quite prominent in the aftermarket.
good luck.

HISSIN50 said:
dont forget the tank filler gasket/grommet. pricey little buggers.

Yeah mine was ripped when I pulled the filler tube out of it...I believe a new one was $20 bucks from 50resto for mine...oh and a little vaseline helps those grommets go in much better...especially my "favorite" :rolleyes: grommet to put in was that vented plug where the hose goes to the carbon canister up front...I messed with that one for a while (I was the only one working on it in a small area)...until I decided to put some vaseline on it and it practically installed itself...

The Walbro fuel pumps come with the new sock/wires/etc...everything you need...it is an easy install...if the tank is empty especially...but it is very flammable with all the gas fumes...brass is recommened to spin the lock rings off...metal to metal contact is no good :nice: