Question about lug nuts

Rol224

Apr 25, 2004
Pittsburgh
I just got my new rims on and had to buy lug nuts from pep boys. I bought the cone ones that were like the originals but longer. My dad claims the wheels look like they need lug nuts that cone down then have a little straight part (if that makes any sense).

What kind of lug nuts do you guys have on your rims?

Does it even matter?

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

on my real wheels (which i am getting back in october, my brother has them on his 01' GT conv in MA) i have different size lugnut on the front than on the back... this is because i have about a 2 inch offset on the back, and with the chrome lugnuts (hexagonal shape, i believe, i think they call them 'acorn shape' or something) that we put on when we got my new rims, you could not see the lugnuts at all in the back, because they were all the way in the hole, so we got newer 'extended' ones, same shape, but slightly different size (not noticable by eye, but we now need a 4 way lug wrench... thats shiny and fits in my trunk nicely...
I think we got those off ebay... or maybe got them through our 'connections'... i cant remember, theyre kinda no name brand, and are 'acorn' style (hexagonal with a rounded bump on top)

lug_nut.jpg

Attachments

• lug_nut.jpg
    lug_nut.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 55