Question about MIL Elim.

Hey guys, i got my H pipe today and i had a quick question about the MIL eliminators. First, it said to turn off my O2 sensor switch, where is that and how do i turn it off? Second, There are 3 holes on the H pipe where i imagine the O2 sensors go.. but i only have 2 MIL eliminators.. so how does that work? Third, how exactly do you hook the MIL eliminator up to the O2 sensor and where do they go? Sorry, i'm kinda a newb but i wanna do this right. Thanks guys :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

The mils go in between the factory harness and the 2 O2 sensors closest to the cats, or where they used to be. The H pipe only has 3 holes because the drivers side upper O2 is in the exhaust manifold. The mils should stop the check engine light from coming on. Only certian tuners will turn them off, my predator that came with the C&L intake will not turn them off but will clear any codes the cause the CEL to come on.

the MIL eliminators go inline with the rear O2 sensors. just unplug the O2s, then plug the MIL eliminators into that connector, then reconnect to the main harness.

8827a790.jpg

you leave the upper O2 sensor on the passenger side alone. just plug it in like normal.

Attachments

• 8827a790.jpg
    8827a790.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 70
bigcat said:
the MIL eliminators go inline with the rear O2 sensors. just unplug the O2s, then plug the MIL eliminators into that connector, then reconnect to the main harness.

8827a790.jpg

you leave the upper O2 sensor on the passenger side alone. just plug it in like normal.

Sweet, thanks a lot man. So all in all, just leave the first hole on the passanger side alone, and the other 2 holes recieve the MIL elim? Awesome.

Attachments

• 8827a790.jpg
    8827a790.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 63
yes, just the lower 2 near the tranny. the front one on the passenger side is just like normal. you removed the cats, and these sensors are behind the cats. thats why you need the MIL eliminators.

Well I just got an email from Steeda after I asked them if these MIL eliminators will help with any negative effects that may come from the sensors telling my car that the cats aren't working...he said no. I just want to have the CEL gone and any negative effects gone away. Does it sound like they will work for what I want?

Pliskin said:
Well I just got an email from Steeda after I asked them if these MIL eliminators will help with any negative effects that may come from the sensors telling my car that the cats aren't working...he said no. I just want to have the CEL gone and any negative effects gone away. Does it sound like they will work for what I want?

That's what they're built for man :) You just simply plug them into the o2 sensors behind the cats (one on passanger side, one on the driver side) and it "turns them off". I was very worried about throwing a CEL as well before i did my o/r h pipe install, but it worked out to be just fine.