Question about timing and nitrous.

The Green GT

No 13 year olds are safe around me.
10 Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Louisiana
I plan on getting a 100 or 75 shot of ZEX soon. I know I will ahve to bump my timing down to about 10*. Is there a way I could keep the timing at 14*, but once I activates the juice, it would go down to 10*? I could swear I saw a thread about this somewhere but I cant find it.
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

GTS95 said:
You will need to get a ignition box with retard capability.
i would think that if your kit wat a wet kit, you could get by..
L.
I was actually looking at a dry ZEX kit. From what ive heard the dry ZEX are safer than the wet ones, even though it is depending on the car to supply the fuel.

Also, there's the the BTSM (I think that's the model number) that has a dial where you can adjust the timing - it may be just for boosted cars though. Just check on MSD's website.

Hey Blksn955.0 do you now the name of the plug in retard dial thingy and if MSD has one. I thought I'd ask since you mentioned it. I'm being a little lazy tonight.

It's a timing retard module, it's an add-on to the 6A/6AL series ignitions. The Digital 6+ like what I run is a good value, it has the timing retard and a 2step built right in, less wiring to go foul and mess things up...