Question for a friend; 94 GT

jmk97GT

Oct 29, 2004
Well, heres the problem:

Whenever he is revving the engine up, when it gets to around 4000 rpms it starts to lag very very bad all the way up to 6000 (it takes about 4 seconds to get from 4000-6000). This is when hes not moving, and in neutral. It goes up even slower when its being driven (this goes for every gear). He cant get much over 35mph in first gear even redlining it.

Also, if hes in a high gear and hes at a fairly low rpm and mashes the gas, the car feels like its missing very badly.

I know his clutch is very worn, but I really dont feel that would really contribute to this problem (well, maybe the bad missing).

Has anyone had anything similar happen? I know he checked his fuel pressure on idle and it was 32psi I believe, which is fairly normal.

Thanks for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, the fuel filter was replaced without making much of a difference. I wanted to make sure I knew what the problem was before I had him replace the pump.

TUNE IT UP. Mine was a worse case of this when I got it in August with 123k miles. It had the original plugs, wires, coil on it. This made a HUGE difference. Soon your firend will start having more problems with tires slipping as the car starts to run again.