Question for PA stangers

I also posted this in the regional forums but i figured i woulld get more views here.

Im moving from NJ to PA this summer and im planning to try and get my 89 registered as a classic. Ive been reading the state dmv website and basically it says the car has to be in good condition and mostly stock. Right now it has shorty headers and still has cats. Before i move out there im putting on Lt's and an o/r h-pipe. My main questions are:

Should I have any problems getting it registered with some mods.

The site says that cars registered as classics are emission exempt for visual and the sniffer test but, will it have to be tested before it is given the registration?

• Sponsors (?)

GT89Mustang said:
I think its 15yrs old for classical, and your only allowed to put 5k or so on it per year, which in no big deal thats about all i drive it anyway.
No Im pretty sure its 20 or i would of had one last year.. And they check your car out pretty good and you have to mail pictures and whatnot..

i think its 20 for classic and 25 for antique, i might get a collectable tag for mine, but then it puts the title as and R title which is reconstructed title, which doesn't bother me cuase i will have the car for a long time, pretty sure with colectable tag you do not need emissions, but you have to take all kinds of pictures and they are very picky.

Not worth it if you drive the car at all...I have one of my Buicks under classic here in Bucks County, and i can basically never drive the damn thing. The actual rules(from what i was told when i got the tags) is that it can only be driven to and from shows or cruises, MUST be stored in a garage in order to get classic insurance, and cannot be driven at night. Other people may have heard different, but this is what i was told by my insurance company and from what i hear they stick to it pretty strictly. So you can lie and drive it whenever, store it wherever, but if something happens, like a theft or hit and run, they WILL NOT COVER IT!! I have friends that have been screwed by this, its reall not worth it in the long run, especially if you like to drive and enjoy the car. btw, i use Grundy classic insurance

So you have to have a completely stock body? thats sucks. Aren't there old hot rods with antique/classic insurance with cowl hoods and draglites? Correct me if I'm wrong. Is there any other alternative to getting cheap insurance without going this route?