Question for ProCal Tune owners?

Discussion in '2010 - 2014 Specific Tech' started by M3hunter, Nov 13, 2012.

?

Do you like your ProCal Tune

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. So-So

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. M3hunter

M3hunter New Member

I might be interested on a ProCal Tune for my stock '11 5.0 GT.
    Please share me your experience.
  2. Stange86

Stange86 Member

I absolutely love it! It's like driving a whole new car. The new throttle response is unbelievable. The only think I didn't like is when throttling down if you touch the gas to soon the car will jerk
  3. nyuk98gt

nyuk98gt Active Member

M3hunter:

I like it. I like the fact that it doesn't affect the warranty (because I had the dealership install it for $70). Maybe you are not concerned about warranty issues (if the vehicle has high miles, for example). The low end torque is much improved, the throttle is crisper (no lag), and the dashpot (engine braking) is much improved.

The disadvantage of the Pro-Cal tune is that it does not have an option for a CAI nor can it been adjusted for a bigger MAF or the Boss intake. If you intend to get the best out of your engine and you are willing to take some risk, you can tune the car yourself with SCT's ProRacer package. I used the PRP on my '98GT and I loved the way the car drove (if I do say so myself, lol).

HTH,

Chris
  4. rich conover

rich conover New Member

The frrp tune is really good and as mentioned prior, does not affect warranty. Not as aggressive as others, but here is the warranty. Very good throttle response and can definitely feel the performance difference in the low to mid range.
  5. OracleHCR

OracleHCR Active Member

I like it as well. Like the others said: improved throttle response and low end torque.
  6. Bubb1GT

Bubb1GT Member

Hows the gas milage guys??? I got 3.73's and im getting around 15mpg around town. Would like to improve on that if possible.
  7. rich conover

rich conover New Member

I also have 3:73's with 6mt and ProCal. Mileage is still only 15 to 16 around town.
  8. Bubb1GT

Bubb1GT Member

Ok, thanks for the reply. I would definitely like the increase in low end torque. I would purchase a SCT tuner but i bought the extended warranty and don't want to void it. I don't race my car so all out performance is not an issue for me. I just noticed when i bought the car that it didn't have the bottom end that i thought it should have. I don't rev my car over 4 grand very often. So i would like an increase down low.
  9. TT5.0ca

TT5.0ca Member

Then you'll like this tune. It makes the 5.0 feel like a V8 and it boosts mileage massively. Mine went up around 3-4 mpg city over stock. my car's ridonculusly funny with 3.73s, MT and this tune. I can pretty much hole shot anything that's 2WD. 0-60 is a wee tick over 4 seconds. Best 1/4 so far is a 12.60 on 7 year old drag radials, at 112 mph. There's an 11 (or at least really close to it) on a good tire, good day, full weight, in my car, I know it.