Question for those of you with Hammer Shifter

allcarfan

The Answer Man
Founding Member
Apr 8, 2001
North Atlanta
It got kind of late last night when we were putting in my new shifter.

I have one, small question.

The directions say that you can trim the base if you want to to adjust the height of the shifter. Well, When I bolt the shifter down and put the console over it that it came with, it looks like i HAVE to trim at least 1.5" off the base of the console just so the 1/4" screw that came with the kit can attach the shifter to the console.

Did you all buy longer screws or trim that puppy down so it would fit?

Why would B&M make a shifter console that HAS to be trimmed no matter what? I understand this isnt custom built to my application, but I dont see how it would fit ANY application without modification.

What would be the best way to trim the base?

Shane

• Sponsors (?)

yeah, i trimmed it down....the base of the floor...er...center to the height of the shifter is pretty large...i.e. the screws won't reach the shifter through the cover. I forgot how i did it, i think i removed about an inch of material all around to start with and gradually trimmed the front and rear to a curve to fit the car....but i trimmed a little too much on the rear so the cover sits on the shifter and theres a gap...very small though, between the bottom part of the cover and the carpet...just take your time and trim little by little to get a good fit. be patient, it'll look fine.