Question for those with the Steeda Tri-Ax shifter...

SMG

Aug 25, 2006
Alexandria, VA
Did you guys install the new shift lever in the lower or higher position? The directions recommend the higher position for maximum comfort, and the lower position for the shortest throws. I found that in the lower position, I get a strong vibration through the handle/knob in 4th gear only. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Sponsors (?)

SMG said:
Did you guys install the new shift lever in the lower or higher position? The directions recommend the higher position for maximum comfort, and the lower position for the shortest throws. I found that in the lower position, I get a strong vibration through the handle/knob in 4th gear only. Has anyone else experienced this?

Are you using the rubber dampener between the handle and shifter? It doesn't help much.:)

Yeah, I used the rubber thingy. I moved it back to the higher position, and the shifter is perfectly smooth. Guess I'll just have to leave it there even though I prefer the way it feels in the lower position. Question: is the rubber boot supposed to sit just below the 2 bolts on the shift lever, or is it supposed to stretch over them?

SMG said:
Yeah, I used the rubber thingy. I moved it back to the higher position, and the shifter is perfectly smooth. Guess I'll just have to leave it there even though I prefer the way it feels in the lower position. Question: is the rubber boot supposed to sit just below the 2 bolts on the shift lever, or is it supposed to stretch over them?

No. As for the vibration in the lower position, try either tightening or loosening the nut at the very bottom of the shifter (which attaches to the pushrod going to the transmission).