Question on a fogger for odor elimination?

• Sponsors (?)

99% of it is. I was told to use this other kind of fogger in the car, because in the heat and if it happens to get wet, or damp the odor can come back. I need to find the stuff the pros use. It is some kind of stuff the eliminates the odor, not covers it up. Do you know what it is called, or where I can get it?

I don't know about a fogger, but you might try an ionizer. Many Used car dealerships and detail shops use them to remove cigaret smell and other odors from a vehicle. They are not some cheap odd shaped item that plugs into the lighter, most are box shaped say 10" by 8" and plugs into a 120V socket. They usually leave it running it the vehicle all day or overnight with the doors and windows shut. Also many hotels use a similar device from the same purpose.

The problem I see is that when it gets hot that smell will probably always be there to a small extent. I would try to use an ionizer now and then again in the summer when it is hot to remove most of the smell.

Good LUCK!!!

Alright I've got some experience in this area. My car had a nasty urine/air freshner odor when I bought the car. The guy told me he had just had the car professionally detailed. All they did was spray the **** out of it in hopes of masking the smell. It turns out I had mice living in the car at some point in time. There was a nest in the back seat, feces all over, and a toxic urine smell. Professionally detailed my a**. They didn't even vacuum the car. The smell is embedded in the upholstery. No miracle spray or plug in device or whatever is going to get rid of it. You have to rip out the seats and carpet. Get some good upholstery cleaner for the seats and use a brush and let them dry and air out for awhile. Remember to use a clean cloth to soak up the dirt. Don't just let the cleaner dry on the seat. You can do the same for the carpet, depending on how bad the smell is. Otherwise, more drastic measures might me needed, such as soaking it in a bin with detergent or something. For the plastic parts you removed to get the carpet out, some water and vinegar will get rid of the smell nicely (don't worry, the vinegar smell disappears quickly). The other parts, such as dash, you can clean inside the car. Clean the floor while you're at it, good time to touch up some surface rust. I always recommend removing the carpet at least once while you own the car. Moisture always gathers underneath, as well as dirt and so forth. Good luck. With some TLC the interior will be smelling like new.

Alright I've got some experience in this area. My car had a nasty urine/air freshner odor when I bought the car. The guy told me he had just had the car professionally detailed. All they did was spray the **** out of it in hopes of masking the smell. It turns out I had mice living in the car at some point in time. There was a nest in the back seat, feces all over, and a toxic urine smell. Professionally detailed my a**. They didn't even vacuum the car. The smell is embedded in the upholstery. No miracle spray or plug in device or whatever is going to get rid of it. You have to rip out the seats and carpet. Get some good upholstery cleaner for the seats and use a brush and let them dry and air out for awhile. Remember to use a clean cloth to soak up the dirt. Don't just let the cleaner dry on the seat. You can do the same for the carpet, depending on how bad the smell is. Otherwise, more drastic measures might me needed, such as soaking it in a bin with detergent or something. For the plastic parts you removed to get the carpet out, some water and vinegar will get rid of the smell nicely (don't worry, the vinegar smell disappears quickly). The other parts, such as dash, you can clean inside the car. Clean the floor while you're at it, good time to touch up some surface rust. I always recommend removing the carpet at least once while you own the car. Moisture always gathers underneath, as well as dirt and so forth. Good luck. With some TLC the interior will be smelling like new.

Holy ****! Sounds like a car deushe ...LOL :rlaugh:

I hope you get the smell out!!

I don't know about a fogger, but you might try an ionizer. Many Used car dealerships and detail shops use them to remove cigaret smell and other odors from a vehicle. They are not some cheap odd shaped item that plugs into the lighter, most are box shaped say 10" by 8" and plugs into a 120V socket. They usually leave it running it the vehicle all day or overnight with the doors and windows shut. Also many hotels use a similar device from the same purpose.

The problem I see is that when it gets hot that smell will probably always be there to a small extent. I would try to use an ionzier now and then again in the summer when it is hot to remove most of the smell.

Good LUCK!!!

yep, thats what we used where i used to work. i cant say that it worked very well though. it did usually have an effect, but not an incredibly large one.

try that, then steam clean the upholstry, headliner and carpet if you can. its a real PITA but i totally feel your pain when it comes to a stinky interior!

I used something similar to that. Bought it at Oreilly's. I am a K9 Handler and I used it in my car. Worked pretty good. Turn the AC on recirculate, activate the fogger and close the doors. Kept it nice for a while, but the dog gets back in the car everyday so I wasnt expecting a perm. fix.