Question on fuel lines

NOSNotch

Founding Member
Oct 20, 2001
South Jersey
i've been tryin to gather up some parts to convert my car over to efi from carb. I just got a set of stock fuel lines off a buddy of mine. the only problem with them is up towards the front where the two metal lines that go to the rails clip in. the black plastic type lines are cracked. a buddy of mine ordered new lines from someplace and it was only the metal parts and where the black plastic lines are it said to use high pressure fuel line with standard clamps. is there any problem doing that? i guess i would run them from the stock lines to the two metal lines that go to the rails? i'm just wondering if anyone else has done this and/or if it sounds like it'll work. thanks

kevin

• Sponsors (?)

OK. The line are plastic from the tank to the fuel filter, and then the turn into metal, all along the floorboards on a an EFI car. They do not turn to plastic again until they hit the motor area. They turn to plastic on the passenger side lower engine area. Then the plastic lines turn into metal again, which clips to the metal lines that goes to the fuel rail. I hope this helps.

What about the retaining clip on the return line by the fuel tank. They're not the horse shoe clips and none of the parts store around me carry them. Ford dealer ship said that I would have to order a hole new line that goes from the pump to the metal lines by the floor board. Anyone know where to get these clips. Sorry for the hyjack, I just happen to be doing my fuel pump.