Question on turbos and exhaust

Stangsgrl

Mar 13, 2004
Mesa, AZ
Ultimate goal for my car is to turbo it. I've been doin some research and just been thinking....doing exhaust will be different if I put a turbo on it yes?
I'm guessing I can't do LT's, but possibly a mid-pipe. Should I wait to put on a mid-pipe after the turbo is installed?

All guesses, just wanting some feedback on how the turbo set up will change doing any exhaust mods. :nice: Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Well first you need to decide if you want a Front mount turbo or a rear mount, if you do a front mount it will take much more fabrication that will most likely be in need of a tubuluar K-member, if you want a rear mount you could probably do it for aroun 2K.

I Myself don't believe in the rear mount turbo, if you have questions about turboing your 'Stang go to www.turbomustangs.com.

BTW There isn't too many Modular Turbo's with front mounts, so good luck, I myself have postponed Project Turbo until next year.

GOOD LUCK AGAIN!!! =)

It's been a big debate for me on turboing or s/c....one reason why i wanna do a turbo more is that it's not as common.

the exhaust deal is that i wanna make it somewhat louder now...but i guess i will wait until i do the turbo. thanks guys

Team801 said:
Well first you need to decide if you want a Front mount turbo or a rear mount, if you do a front mount it will take much more fabrication that will most likely be in need of a tubuluar K-member, if you want a rear mount you could probably do it for aroun 2K.

I Myself don't believe in the rear mount turbo, if you have questions about turboing your 'Stang go to www.turbomustangs.com.

BTW There isn't too many Modular Turbo's with front mounts, so good luck, I myself have postponed Project Turbo until next year.

GOOD LUCK AGAIN!!! =)
I can't agree with this statement enough. www.turbomustangs.com is a WONDERFUL site to help you figure out what kind of turbo setup will best suit your needs. The knowledge base there is overwhelming at first, but very helpful in the longrun.

For what its worth, the front mount turbos make up most of the turbocharged modulars that I've seen. My T-66 is in place of the battery in the front of the bay. :shrug: