question (what add ons to get to high 12s)

geneos5546

Feb 11, 2006
wisconsin
have 2007 gt 5 speed 355 gears all stock, would like to keep 355s got about 1500.00 to spend what are the best mods to do, and will my 1500.00 get me to the high 12s what do you stangers recommend thank you.:shrug: :bang: :shrug: :bang: ps : i heard exhaust systems do almost nothing for these cars.

• Sponsors (?)

if he practiced his whole life he couldn't get into the high 12's with an 07 gt.exhaust,intake,headers,cams will take you in the low 13s.then get a good tune like sct or else you wont get any power.theres tons of threads with this same info.

NoFear06 said:
if he practiced his whole life he couldn't get into the high 12's with an 07 gt.exhaust,intake,headers,cams will take you in the low 13s.then get a good tune like sct or else you wont get any power.theres tons of threads with this same info.
Check out the thread that bigcat linked. Unless that guy is a liar, all it took was a CAI, shorty headers, and off-road X-pipe, and some driver skill. Also, there's another member who's seen 13.4 on a bone stock Stang. Obviously, a track that does good prep so you can get a launch is a requirement too.

NoFear06 said:

uh :nonono: long tubes, cams, intake exhaust and a good tune will put you into the mid 12's bud.

NoFear06 said:
Where in the hell did you come from? Who in the hell are you? When in the hell are you going to go back where you came from? Are you like 16 years old or something? That sounds just like something my 16 year old brother would say. Shut up! Go away! Stay outta my room or I'm telling mom.:shrug:

I think that high 12's would be really difficult on a $1,500.00 budget.

Headers / Mid-Pipe would be a good portion of that price point. Add $500.00 to $600.00 for a tuner and CAI and your close if not over the budget.

LCA's, pulleys and some 4.10's added may get your there, but I think that all of these and some light weight wheels / tires combo for the track may do it for you. Again, depending on the driver and the track....

NoFear06 do you actually own an 05+ mustang...... seriously. because Ive hit 13.01 with intake and a custom tune...... if your going to open your mouth know what your talking about. Or pick up a copy of Muscle Mustangs and Fast fords and then you can act like you know what your talkin about.

the most critical mod in S197's is the driver mod. I've seen Hoboattackers (bigcat linked to his thread) car in person and can validate that he only has shorty headers, intake, tune and o/r h pipe. high 12's is perfectly attainable if you're a good driver.

we are going to stop the bickering right now. dont feed into it. the best response sometimes is no response.

if you doubt the validity of someones post, SEARCH the forums, as most of the information needed to come to a good conclusion for most all questions is out there somewhere. we are all here to discuss mustangs, and nobody knows everything.

lets get back on topic and stay constructive, or the thread will be locked.

if you can get your 05+ gt into the high 12s with simple cai,slicks and even a tune,then grats to you.i dont trust magazines or articles because if you look at several different ones,they will say the 06 ran 13.6 stock and 13.8.

NoFear06 said:
if you can get your 05+ gt into the high 12s with simple cai,slicks and even a tune,then grats to you.i dont trust magazines or articles because if you look at several different ones,they will say the 06 ran 13.6 stock and 13.8.
I ran 12.95 on C&L Street intake Diablosport Predator 93 Octane C&L tune and BFG Drag Radials 275/40 17" on factory upgrade rims.

68832L.jpg

I took off another 1/10th with Steeda U/D pulleys.