Questions about 351W engine and tranny swap from F250 to Fox Body Stang, please HELP!

Discussion in 'Other Auto Tech' started by GetEclipsed, May 20, 2010.

1. GetEclipsed

GetEclipsed New Member

I have a 1988 Ford F250 that I'm wanting to take the 351W V8 EFI engine and 5 speed tranny out of and put it in a Fox Body Mustang. There are a couple of Fox Bodys that I am looking at buying. They were a V8 (none of them I am looking at purchasing have a engine or tranny) so I heard the V8 Mustang computer will handle the 351W (right?). Can I take the 351 and 5 speed tranny out of the truck and install it into the Mustang or what will I need to do? (I hear the 351 will bolt right up to the factory V8 motor mounts in the Fox Body Mustang, right?) The F250 I have is complete with everything and the Mustangs are pretty much complete minus the engine and tranny..... Which Fox Body Mustangs should I be looking for to make the swap the easiest or will any do the job?? I'm definately not a mechanic by any means but with help I'm sure I could get it done... Any and ALL help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!