Questions about the strip...

So far i've only been to the track once but i plan on going back about 5 times this spring and i had a few questions. I'm on street tires right now and i wanted to know at what temperature they hook up best at. I dont wanna burn off a whole lot of rubber because I wanna keep these tires until i get my 18s. i know that street tires don't require as much heat to hook well. should i just rev it up high, drop the clutch then just stay on the skinny pedal till i catch traction?

• Sponsors (?)

Debatable as everyone has their own thought process when it comes to the track. Some guys think they should be heating up every tire including street tires. Some guys believe only slicks or drag radials should be heated up. Some guys think if they do a dance and eat some garlic they'll hook up better.

Personally, I believe that the drag radials and slicks will get sticky when they heat up. Although the street tires won't really get sticky. So, I'd say do a little burn out to get any debris off the tire. A lot of guys recommend even avoiding the water box completely.

you could do that, just a quick spin. no need for any john force style burn outs.:rlaugh:

or even ashley force:nice:
Ashley_Force_5227.preview.JPG

Attachments

• Ashley_Force_5227.preview.JPG
    Ashley_Force_5227.preview.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 67
Yeah I don't even do a standing burnout or anything, just revv it up, drop the cluthc and spin them for a few feet to clean them.

Standing on the skinny pedal till you get traction will give horrible 60'. My best luck with them (got 2.0s with the stockers) was by revving the engine toa bout 3000-3500 and slipping the clutch out at a rate of maybe 1-1.5 seconds from down to up. You get a feel for it, how fast you can let it up without spin. Ideally you want a chirp-chirp-chirp, not complete wheelspin but not bogging either.