Questions on camshafts and valvetrain

In my mustang I have an 89 5.0 TRUCK block. It isn't a roller engine. I traded a friend a tranny for a Ford Racing B303 hydraulic roller camshaft. Now my question is will that cam work in that engine if I install a set of hydraulic roller lifters and the proper length push rods?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

aftermarket linked lifters? Sure. The lifter bores are shorter than the other 302 blocks that had factory hydraulic roller lifters, this is why you need to run an aftermarket lifter with a shorter body

Woodsy:

That would be correct if it was a pre '85 Mustang 4V, or an '85 CFI, passcar or truck motor(they could be either)

All '86 and newer 5.0's, regardless of application are ROLLER CAPABLE. This means that they have the taller lifter bores and the 2 bolt bosses in the valley for the roller lifter hold down.

Methemike1: You will most likely have to drill and tap the hold down bosses, but after that, the factory roller lifters, dog bones, retainer and pushrods will drop right in.

95GTAODE said:
Woodsy:

That would be correct if it was a pre '85 Mustang 4V, or an '85 CFI, passcar or truck motor(they could be either)

All '86 and newer 5.0's, regardless of application are ROLLER CAPABLE. This means that they have the taller lifter bores and the 2 bolt bosses in the valley for the roller lifter hold down.

Methemike1: You will most likely have to drill and tap the hold down bosses, but after that, the factory roller lifters, dog bones, retainer and pushrods will drop right in.
I got 351 on the brain :rolleyes: