Questions on vert rules at track

f8tlfiveo

My wife likes my spool and blow-off valve.
Aug 8, 2007
Lancaster, PA
Just took my 91 vert to the track last night. 14.6@ 96 auto, stock with gears. I was happy with that. But apparently I need a 5 pt harness, fire jacket and a 6 point roll bar at 13.49 and below. The roll bar did not suprise me, the harness and jacket did. Can anyone clarify this? And what spec jacket? Cause there are several different ones

• Sponsors (?)

Now I haven't drag raced in a few years but if I remember the jacket spec is SFI 3.2A/1 rating and I thought a 5 pt harness wasn't needed until 11.49? Surprised he did not mention

-A driveshaft safety loop is required when you run slicks 13.99 or faster (not drag radials or street tires). With street tires or drag radials, no loop is required until 11.49 1/4-mile (7.35 1/8-mile) and faster.

-A helmet (closed face or open) is required with a minimum Snell K98 or M2000/SA2000 rating. Helmets last 12 years from their rating date (example a Snell 2005 would be good until 2017). Shield is not required.

Here's the link to the 2012 rules. Maybe they changed.

www.gatewaymsp.com/wp-content/.../2012_NHRA_RuleBook.pdf

I already knew about those rules, I am more worried about the ones I listed. I don't want to buy the things I think I need and end up coming short. Thank you for the info on the jacket though.

The tech told me a 6 point with swingouts is good but I am not sure that is the actual rule.
The link you posted did not work.

I have a vert i read 6 point roll bar,a jacket you must have if running a power adder..IE nitrous,supercharger,turbo...and yes i was told 5 point safety harness.,I have eveything just didnt install them yet...i do have swing out doors too....

I have a vert i read 6 point roll bar,a jacket you must have if running a power adder..IE nitrous,supercharger,turbo...and yes i was told 5 point safety harness.,I have eveything just didnt install them yet...i do have swing out doors too....
Well I plan on doing turbo so I guess the jacket is a must anyway..the thing that makes me mad I was told the harness needs to be certified every 2 years.