questions ragarding 347 & n2o

dadslx

Nov 11, 2006
hey i just dropped in a 347 stroker and wanting to add a poweradder soon im torn between a supercharger or a well built n2o. the motor i have was built for a supercharger full forged bottom end, tfs tw heads fully ported, custom grind cam for supercharger .514/.533, hollysystemax 2 intake,70mm tb w/spacer, 73mas my injectors are too small imo 24's, headers, o/r h, flows 40 series and im only running the short belt alt,water and crank...i want to hit 11's but i dont think with just motor ill get it. im not running on drags and have a aod/w shift kit and now 3:73 gears. would a 75 shot get me into the 11's or would i need a bigger shot?..finally any guess's as to how much power from the motor i built?? still need to get it dynoed. thanks sorry for the long post.

• Sponsors (?)

A well put together real street 347 engine and some minor traction/suspension work can get you 11's in a full weight car.

Your final output with the blower combination will depend on how much boost and how aggressive you are willing to go.

Do me a favor and run the shorter rod on the 347. It will help the tuning reliability better for power adders.

A 75 shot would easily do it.

Do you have a higher stall converter in the AOD, or is it stock?
A nitrous kit would be easier to tune/install and the initial cost would be less than a supercharger. Even if you spray a small shot on it, you should be deep in the 11's.

347 stroker 9:1 c/r
forged bottom
tfs tw heads full port
holly systemax intake
70mm tb/ w spacer
73 mm maf
short belt setup
cam im not sure of specs but its a custom grind setup for a supercharger..i can tell you its lopey as hell almost sound like the car will die then pumps back up again..lol..i love it.

i may just invest into a new trans cause my aod is slipping something fierce when i stomp on it from a roll...any idea how much a stock aod will hold?
i have a shift kit with now 3:73 gears..i had 4:10 but traded for the 3:73's