Roush questions...

do-it

Nov 23, 2005
Jersey
I have an 04 sc with 8k on it. I love this car...no doubt!

I am not anal, but wonder about the few little things I noticed and want to know if any of them are warranty-able(or at least have a chance):

1) The back wing, on one side, is popping up from the trunk lid. One of the ground effects is also slighlty off, leaving a small gap. Warranty-able or get out the gorrilla glue? (actually what whould i use?)

2) The passenger seat rubs the door panel, making an annoying sound - warranty-able or turn the radio up?

3) I get a smell of burning plastic every now and then. Seems to be coming from under the rear of the car. I cant trace it much further and checked the exhaust route for anything touching or even a plastic bag that may have left soem residue on the pipes. Anyone ever have this?

Tires:

I have followed the tire threads and came up with a few more questions.

Going up to a 300+ size...

1)Would it give me any rim protection as I have already scrathed one up a bit. (I read somewhere there was a tire that afforded some protection)

2) Also I like fat tires - lol - but my sport bike routes has my cringing at that thought. Companies do alot of D&R in finding the right combinations and I am not going to sacrifice looks for handling, would the larger tyres do that?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

do-it said:
I have an 04 sc with 8k on it. I love this car...no doubt!

I am not anal, but wonder about the few little things I noticed and want to know if any of them are warranty-able(or at least have a chance):

1) The back wing, on one side, is popping up from the trunk lid. One of the ground effects is also slighlty off, leaving a small gap. Warranty-able or get out the gorrilla glue? (actually what whould i use?)
--Wing - check inside of trunk and see if there is a nut you can tighten down
--Ground effects -- see if there is a screw attaching to the car near where it is seperated, if not, 3M double sided tape is what is used to attach to the car (at least on 94-98 cars)

2) The passenger seat rubs the door panel, making an annoying sound - warranty-able or turn the radio up?
--Loosen the seat attaching points at the floor and have someone push the seat toward the console while you tighten the fasteners attaching the seats to the floor

3) I get a smell of burning plastic every now and then. Seems to be coming from under the rear of the car. I cant trace it much further and checked the exhaust route for anything touching or even a plastic bag that may have left soem residue on the pipes. Anyone ever have this?

??

Tires:

1)Would it give me any rim protection as I have already scrathed one up a bit. (I read somewhere there was a tire that afforded some protection)

--High performance cars are not made for curbs, this is not a SUV. Your rim protection is staying OFF curbs.

I would probably stick with 295s on the 10in wheels

2) Also I like fat tires - lol - but my sport bike routes has my cringing at that thought. Companies do alot of D&R in finding the right combinations and I am not going to sacrifice looks for handling, would the larger tyres do that?

Thanks

Re Tires:

I had 315-30-18 P-Zero Rosso on the rear of mine, but no longer. Nice looks, not as good of performance IMHO vs the OE (295 Yellows).

How much do you drive your car?

I think my next set will follow the recomendation from a Pirelli rep I spoke with regarding my car, 295-30-18 P-Zero Corsa tires for the rear, and 265-35-18 for the front, as I find myself not driving as much as before.

do-it said:
I have the same problem...I just move the seat all the way back and recline fully when no one is riding in the passenger seat. Not an issue with a passenger. Some people have talked about possibly applying a felt or fabric patch where it rubs to quiet it down.

Does your car have the center-exit exhaust option? Check that the exhaust piping isn't touching the plastic shroud for the fuel tank or the lower lip of the bumper. I had an issue with this on my 2001 Saleen when I installed Chicane's center exit exhaust...no issues with my 2004.

Tires:

No more curb checks.

Only issue I can think of is rubbing. Seems with the backspacing of the real Saleen 18x10's, anything bigger than 305's rub. I hear the replica 18x10's have a different backspace and will allow you to run 315's without rubbing? Not sure, though. I do know with the stock 18x10's and 295 tires, I see signs of minor rubbing on my car...so I'm afraid to go any wider.

Thanks

2) Rubbing is a common problem on the ’03-‘04s with Saleen’s re-bolstered/recovered seats. One SCOA member I know had the dealer fix the problem under warrantee. The seat was sent out to an upholstery shop, where they took of the seat cover and reworked the foam padding slightly. It cured the rubbing and the seat looks untouched.

Tires: I would stick with the 295s on the rear.