quick audio help needed

03v6

Sep 10, 2004
Georgia
alright you guys to introduce my self i am 16 have a 03 v6 5spd red mustang with straight pipes, i am wondering if anyone can point me in a new direction for my audio stuff... i have been looking at audiobahn subs and doorspeakers and amps but am not sure how they sound.. so i would like to know if anyone likes/dislikes audiobahn and if not what they suggest i look into ... and im tryin not to spend too much.

• Sponsors (?)

03v6 said:
alright you guys to introduce my self i am 16 have a 03 v6 5spd red mustang with straight pipes, i am wondering if anyone can point me in a new direction for my audio stuff... i have been looking at audiobahn subs and doorspeakers and amps but am not sure how they sound.. so i would like to know if anyone likes/dislikes audiobahn and if not what they suggest i look into ... and im tryin not to spend too much.

this is a long reply!!! sorry

welcome to the boards! as far as subs go i have audiobahn subs and i LOVE them. i have 2 AW1200q subs (which a re current models i believe) and they are being driven by an audiobahn 1300HCX amp (which is from the last model desgin, but its 1200 watts RMS) i highly recommed these subs and at least an a1200dt, which is a 1200 watt class d amp

as far as the internals go...i have audiohbahn internals however the tweeters have blown...im not sure if its the amp that blew them or the quality of the speaker, but i am thinking it was the amp (its a crapy kenwood). they are from the AS series and they are 5x7/6x8's and they sounded very good while they still worked. my girlfriend has the new ACS series speaker in her car, but they dont sound very good at all, stay away from them. as far as a reccomendation i higly reccomend infinity kappa speakers, sound good all around.

for amping your internals i like jl (kind of pricey) phoenix gold (another priecy one) and pretty much anything from the high current line from audiobahn.

for the best prices check out ebay (be careful though, and make sure you get your exact model number right). http://www.ikesound.com http://www.onlinecarstereo.com are both excelent sites and i believe online car stereo doesnt charge shipping.

hope i helped you a bit, let me know if you want more information

this really should have been posted in the sound and shine section but just make sure you go there next time