Quick Brake Upgrade Question

CKYlndSpd21

Aug 4, 2004
I recently swapped my stock calipers over to the 73mm ones off a Lincoln. I finished all that and everything I just remember reading that you need to turn some rod out one and a half turns. Where is this rod located at? and how do I go about doing this? Also do I need to rebleed the brakes after doing this? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

The rod is under the master cylinder. Basically you unbolt the MC, pull it forward and there is the rod. You only need to adjust this if you have a dead spot in your pedal...in other words, you feel like you push the pedal an inch or two before getting any response.

Yes, you have to bleed the brakes. Rear first, then the pass side front, then drivers side

I remember reading an article that I believe was from Maximum Motorsports testing a Stock Fox and then put 73mm Calipers on and testing again and the stops took much longer after. The end result of testing was that when 73mm Calipers were used, you also needed to do something with the rear brakes in order to acheive better braking.