Quick Electrical Question! Help!

Curty1107

Sep 6, 2003
OK.. I just installed my reverse glow white face gauges and a pillar gauge pod. I have everything connected except the power wires to light the gauges up. Now I already found a good ground source (near the fuse box).... so whats the best place to install the power wires? I want to use the headlight knob to turn the gauges on and, if possible, be able to use the knob, when turned, to dim the lights. So where and which wire do I need to tap into to achieve this?

• Sponsors (?)

There should be a thick light brown/brown wire in the bundle that goes to the headlight knob. Splice into this wire. You can always check to make sure it's the right power source by taking a razor blade and scraping off some of the insulation, grounding the gauges and touching the positive wire to the hot headlight wire. If you get light- you know you've done it right.
~A.C.

another option is to tap into the illumination wire at the back of the radio. I have my radio out about once every 2 months working on things and know it would probably be easiest to do it there, especially if you have an aftermarket deck that does not need to have that wire attached.

Torinalth