QUICK firing order for 88.

• Sponsors (?)

charlesw6954 said:
yea i tryed using a firing order from a 89 - 93 chiltons i think it was 1342 and it didnt work.

It is 1-3-4-2, check to make sure you've got the spark plug wires correct at the distributor cap. My dad and I ran into the same problem, the order we set up was 1-3-4-2 and it was 1-3-4-2 at the cap, but wire # 1 wasn't at the #1 position on the cap (its marked with a raised dash, as I recall). From there the Chilton's manual ought to tell you the rest (for quick reference, cylinder #1 is the frontmost and the distributor runs clockwise [ double check me on that one] ).

Hope that helped.

Dan

yea they showed me the wrong places too. but owell i just moved them around and the first try i got it right and the car started right up. it also fixed the problem were the car was pretty difficult to start. damn oriellys gave me the wrong damn cap and rotor pisses me off because i bought the rotor and cap for my friend for an early christmas present. they wouldnt even take it back because the cap was broken because of the rotor was wrong size of it and when it spun it just tore up **** in the cap and f*ed it up.