Quick lapping video

hemi_fan

Apr 8, 2004
Ontario, Canada
I took my car to the Dunnville Autodrome in Dunnville Ontario near the end of June and just pulled the video off my camcorder. This is just a few laps i did of the 6 or 7 that I actually filmed. This was my third track day and my second time at dunnville, and im really getting into the whole lapping hobby, however my stock suspension sans quad shocks is terrible and wheel hops like a mother not to mention the wheels rubbing on the fenders :notnice: Anyway, enjoy the video, a pic of the car is below, and sorry for the crap camera work, it was mounted to a flimsy seat containing a 220lb passenger :canada:

YouTube - 1990 Mustang GT Lapping

mustang059so3.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Cool vid, i'm not too far from Dunnville.
Got any info on how the "Lapping" works? Do you sign up...etc...etc.

Yeah, theres a few guys who rent out the tracks and then just have open sign-ups for their lapping days, and the cost is usually pretty reasonable. This lapping day was $120 for 8 hours so its not too bad, you just run what ya brung. Heres some sites for hosts, the season is coming to a close but they always book new days every year;

Touge.ca

Tailor Made Servers

Theres also the occasional track day posted on the GTAMC forums, one guy in particular hosts 4-5 a year Official GTAMC Forums - Other Events

Hopefully i can get some basic suspension under the car and take it out a lot more next year, but we'll see.

You dont see too many vids of foxes on a road course,:nice: I'm trying to set my stang up to be a road racer/auto X car. Once you get some suspension work done it should be even more fun.

Was that a Mini Cooper S that passed you, I thought it was going to be a '03 Cobra there for a second. lol

You dont see too many vids of foxes on a road course,:nice: I'm trying to set my stang up to be a road racer/auto X car. Once you get some suspension work done it should be even more fun.

Was that a Mini Cooper S that passed you, I thought it was going to be a '03 Cobra there for a second. lol

lol yeah, the stock fox didnt have a chance in hell hanging with the S-2000's, mini-coopers, even a toyota yaris when they've all got slicks on them and im running street tires... not to mention the amateur driver :rolleyes: The only things i was passing all day were Honda preludes and the odd poorly driven subaru wrx.