Quick ... Need answers!!!

98bluevert

Jan 22, 2006
Mattoon, IL
A friend of mine has a 02 GT with aprox. 250 rwhp. He has 4.10 and complains about them because he cannot hook up. He wants to switch to 3.73's like his brothers car (his car use to beat his brothers now it doesn"t since the gear change). I told him to get tires and suspension or he would have close to the same problem with 3.73. Am i wrong in my thinking?? what do u guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

I think he will still have problems....tell that :taco: to keep the 4:10s they are perfect for a GT....not only that with only 250 RWHP he needs all the extra momentum he can get.
Tires and suspension should get him right where he needs to be.....just dont let him get 3:73s in that thing

GT02MG said:
I think he will still have problems....tell that :taco: to keep the 4:10s they are perfect for a GT....not only that with only 250 RWHP he needs all the extra momentum he can get.
Tires and suspension should get him right where he needs to be.....just dont let him get 3:73s in that thing

thanks thats what i'm wanting to hear. and actually something thats kinda funny is his car looks alot like yours but he has added Saleen ground effects.

get new tires... when i got my 410's i had kumhos and i would rip them up BAD even when the car was rolling i could tear them up...

now i have bfg kdw's and traction is no longer an issue... hook and go... hook and go...

GET NEW TIRES MANG

4.10s on a NA motor with only 250rwhp should be cake if you have a halfway decent suspension setup (L/UCAs) and a good set of rear rubber. Tell him to stop spending money on the saleen kit and learn how to handle his power. :nice: