quick Pro 5.0 question

license2ill

May 7, 2003
Just installed my Pro 5.0 yesterday and I got a quick question. What is that tiny allen wrench adjustment on the side of the base of the shifter?? Thanks in advance for any replies! -JJ

• Sponsors (?)

Only problem with the Pro 5.0 is that my T45 has a 1-2 shift grind sometimes, especially when the motor/tranny is still cold. The handle that came with the Pro 5.0 is short as all f***k. So whenever I shift moderately fast above 3000 rpm I get a nasty grind going into second now. So last night I modified the metal piece that goes onto the stock Mustang shifter handle so it wouldn't hit the stop bolt on the shifter and attached the stock Stang shifter handle back onto the Pro 5.0 shifter. I know it sounds stupid, but I need an as long and delayed as throw as possible to avoid grinding the gears. I've noticed a difference in cycling around through the gears, but since yesterday I haven't taken the car out for a spin yet so I'm not sure if the problem is fixed or not. We'll see soon... :cheers:-JJ

Well I took the car out for a spin this morning before work with the stock shifter handle attached to the Pro 5.0 and low and behold... the 1-2 gring is still there F@#$in' A DAMMIT!!!:mad: 1-2 Syncro is pretty bad off I guess. Stock shifter goes back on tonight,:nonono: so we'll see what happens tomorrow morning. It's sure looking like I might have to keep the crap-a$$ stock shifter on till I get the tranny worked on or get a new one. Grrrrr!

BTW - what is that little allen wrench adjustment on the base of the Pro 5.0 shifter for anyways??? :shrug:

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMNNNNNNN!!!!! I just put the stock shifter back on and took the car out for a test drive. The 1-2 grind is still happening!!!!!!! :mad: :bang: :( So that rules out the shifter right there. Now the culprit I suspect is the GM Syncromesh transmission fluid change I did along with installing the Pro 5.0 shifter. The 1-2 syncro must've been TOTALLY shot since God knows when at this point.. probably all along... I'm not sure. Anyways, I don't know what kind of fluid was in there before, but I REALLY need to know now in order to drive my car!!! :bang:

I had a triax and switched to a pro50. I like the pro50 MUCH better. MUCH quieter, and my third gear doesn't grind as often. I need a new clutch cable and everything. It pisses me off. Dont know what that allen wrench is for =/ i know what you're talking about though. Good luck getting that tranny fixed. T45's are pieces of ****