Quick ?.......

• Sponsors (?)

my friend had a 302(347) with a t 76 turbo and it made around 650 to the rear wheels and they said that was the max they seen 1 make.

turbos tend to be easier on parts, i'd belive that 650, but just hold your breath while your driving...

the key to making a stock block live at 1000 hp is lots of thread lock on the head studs and have chris angel in the passenger seat

WTF!!!

How do terminators, machs, and shelbys do it? i mean i know i have to get a much better block but how do they handel so much hp? I will like to do it in my pushrod. Also LS engines do it all the time so why not a 302 block?

No way in hell that it will hold 1000 hp. Just cant do it. Blowers tend to split them at 500 and turbos are about the same. 650rwhp on a stock block is a feat in itself, must not have done any WOT passes in the first few gears. Put it in 4th gear at 60 and nail the gas, $20 says it splits before redline. :shrug:

If you are gonna spend the kind of money it takes to hit 1000 hp then spend a little more and get a Man O War block or something similar. :nice:

How do terminators, machs, and shelbys do it? i mean i know i have to get a much better block but how do they handel so much hp? I will like to do it in my pushrod. Also LS engines do it all the time so why not a 302 block?
LS engines do not do it all the time and older LS1 and LS6 do split around 800 ish. The Cobra (96+) is a COMPLETLY different engine, its DOHC for one and most are aluminum. The new Shelbys and the 03/04 Termis were iron but the earlier Cobras were aluminum. The Teksid 4.6 is one of the strongest blocks in the world. There are a few running 1500+ hp with no problems. Hell their stock crank can handle 1200 hp. :shrug:
Even the new Z06 engine is reaching the blocks limits at 750 rwhp so it sounds like the first thing you need to do is learn how to use the search function and learn about the different engines.

The cheapest way for you to get 1000 hp will be to buy an Aluminator long block and a twin turbo setup. Still be around 10K though and thats not including the other $2500+ for a trans that can hold it and another $2500+ for the rear and another $1500+ for the suspension mods and another $1500 for chasis mods.

Why do you want 1000 hp? Building a drag car or hoping to go Bugatti hunting? :rlaugh:

I have had 500+ rwhp on the street and even in perfect weather with every suspension mod and 12" wide rear tires it was a handful. 1000 is a death ride.

LS engines do not do it all the time and older LS1 and LS6 do split around 800 ish. The Cobra (96+) is a COMPLETLY different engine, its DOHC for one and most are aluminum. The new Shelbys and the 03/04 Termis were iron but the earlier Cobras were aluminum. The Teksid 4.6 is one of the strongest blocks in the world. There are a few running 1500+ hp with no problems. Hell their stock crank can handle 1200 hp. :shrug:
Even the new Z06 engine is reaching the blocks limits at 750 rwhp so it sounds like the first thing you need to do is learn how to use the search function and learn about the different engines.

The cheapest way for you to get 1000 hp will be to buy an Aluminator long block and a twin turbo setup. Still be around 10K though and thats not including the other $2500+ for a trans that can hold it and another $2500+ for the rear and another $1500+ for the suspension mods and another $1500 for chasis mods.

Why do you want 1000 hp? Building a drag car or hoping to go Bugatti hunting? :rlaugh:

I have had 500+ rwhp on the street and even in perfect weather with every suspension mod and 12" wide rear tires it was a handful. 1000 is a death ride.

theres a video on youtube of a 1000hp mustang and it didnt even beat the bugatti

I dont think a Stang could ever beat a Bugatti. A Stang cant knock off a 2.5 second 0-60 no matter what you do (purpose built drag car aside) and still go 250+ and go through a corner at over 1g while wrapping you in a super luxurious interior. There is a reason they cost over $5,000,000 each to build. They are a masterpiece! :drool:

I just hear it all the time "Well if my car had 1000 hp it would beat it!" Uh, no. No it wont. Maybe drop a few million in special one off parts and change all the suspension design as well as the aerodynamics and it might but 1000hp in a Fox is not the same as a 1000hp Veryon.

1000 hp not outta line for the LS motors.

the whole 1000 hp number is getting a little played out, everyone wants that magic number but it takes ALOT of money to do it right. The factory blocks just dont have the material to support over 500 hp safely.

If you want to build a 1000 hp motor its gonna be a 25k dollar project and dont start with a 302 based motor, build a 408 or 427 Dart based motor. it can be done with a 8.2 deck motor, but will cost as much as a 9.5 deck and stress the motor much more.

408, TFS R CNC ported heads, custom cam, Box-r intake(port matched), an 88mm turbo, big fuel system, FAST or Big Stuff ecu, and a th400 or a glide would be a good start to what you want.

or you could be realistic and throw a blower on your stock block and have fun at 4-500 rwhp on a good tune

I dont think a Stang could ever beat a Bugatti. A Stang cant knock off a 2.5 second 0-60 no matter what you do (purpose built drag car aside) and still go 250+ and go through a corner at over 1g while wrapping you in a super luxurious interior. There is a reason they cost over $5,000,000 each to build. They are a masterpiece! :drool:

I just hear it all the time "Well if my car had 1000 hp it would beat it!" Uh, no. No it wont. Maybe drop a few million in special one off parts and change all the suspension design as well as the aerodynamics and it might but 1000hp in a Fox is not the same as a 1000hp Veryon.

arent bugattis somewhere around 1.7million?

Yes, 1000 hp is not out of the question for LS motors. The LS2 and 3 can handle it pretty easy but the LS1 and 6 are on thin ice when pushed north of 800. The new LS in the Z06 is actually quite weak and some owners with just a blower at 8-9 pis have split them already. Who knows what the ZR1 block can handle, bet it can do over 1000. :shrug:

Yes, the Veryon sells for 1.5 mill +/- but cost over $5,000,000 each to make. It was just a "Look what we can do" car, was never intended to be a money maker. Just a show case of technology. :nice:

Well the reason why I will like to do it is because I was watching pinks all out (IDK what season) and did not see one Ford or a Fox-Body all of them were power by chevy. One racer said “at least it was not a mustang” when he lost that got me mad. But that is not the only reason why I want to do it. I was just wondering if this was possible.

Huh? There are a TON of Foxes on Pinks All Out, they just never win. :shrug: Its usually cause the driver messed up or the car breaks something on the line but there are many on Pinks. Come to think of it one of the last two PAO had 4 Foxes in the final 16.
And watch some older episodes of Horse Power to see what they did to make 1000 hp on their 347 with a turbo. It was big bucks but the car mods were equally large to handle it. Tubbed rear with a shortened 9" and a Power Glide to hold it. No engine mounts, they used a weld in cradle setup. Full roll cage too and the entire floor was cut out and replaced with sheet metal to make it all work.

A Fox was never designed to make that kind of power so you will need substantial mods to hold it.
If you just did the motor it would go like this:
First time backing out the drive way the trans would explode. Fix that and set off again, go 1/2 throttle and grenade the rear. Fix that and give it 1/2 throttle again and wonder why the engine is sticking through the hood. Make solid mounts for it all and then wonder why now there is a loud clunk in the rear and two holes under the seat. Fix that and finnaly give it full throttle and get a smile on your face. Get home and realize the door dont open cause the frame is twisted.

Its a big undertaking my friend.

Huh? There are a TON of Foxes on Pinks All Out, they just never win. :shrug: Its usually cause the driver messed up or the car breaks something on the line but there are many on Pinks. Come to think of it one of the last two PAO had 4 Foxes in the final 16.
And watch some older episodes of Horse Power to see what they did to make 1000 hp on their 347 with a turbo. It was big bucks but the car mods were equally large to handle it. Tubbed rear with a shortened 9" and a Power Glide to hold it. No engine mounts, they used a weld in cradle setup. Full roll cage too and the entire floor was cut out and replaced with sheet metal to make it all work.

A Fox was never designed to make that kind of power so you will need substantial mods to hold it.
If you just did the motor it would go like this:
First time backing out the drive way the trans would explode. Fix that and set off again, go 1/2 throttle and grenade the rear. Fix that and give it 1/2 throttle again and wonder why the engine is sticking through the hood. Make solid mounts for it all and then wonder why now there is a loud clunk in the rear and two holes under the seat. Fix that and finnaly give it full throttle and get a smile on your face. Get home and realize the door dont open cause the frame is twisted.

Its a big undertaking my friend.

lol well i guess my best is to just make or order a 347 and go from there

It was a World block with all forged internals and AFR heads with a Box plenum and a big ass Helion (big bucks) turbo kit. Was something like 900 hp on pump gas and just over 1000 on race gas. Its a beast but about $12500 for the engine alone.