Quick ?.......

I dont think a Stang could ever beat a Bugatti. A Stang cant knock off a 2.5 second 0-60 no matter what you do (purpose built drag car aside) and still go 250+ and go through a corner at over 1g while wrapping you in a super luxurious interior. There is a reason they cost over $5,000,000 each to build. They are a masterpiece! :drool: um no... my old bosses car had a 438 dart 13.1 comp, c4 trans, STREET CAR! with a 250 shot. weighs 3400lbs and ran a 8.90 at 154. his zero to 60 was estimated in the 1 second range. he drove it everyday on pump gas and would run down busa's. I don't see any bugattis running 8's. its not like you have anywhere to go 250mph either. and theres not a million tied up in that cat. maybe the price of a new vette... oh and it has 2 12's in the hatch...

• Sponsors (?)

Thats nice, Can it take corners over 1g? Does it have dual power seats, dual zone climate, leather, real wood, 7 speed auto etc etc. Can you have a nice quiet conversation at 100mph? Does the AC blow really freakin cold? I am not trying to compare the two, if I had one I would sell it and buy a few different Mustangs and a nice big ass house. :rlaugh:

Look, I am a Mustang fanatic! I love them and will always love them but you cant compare a Stang to a Veryon..... hell there isnt anything that can be compared to one.

Its not a cost thing its just a whole package kinda thing.

EDIT: Nitrous isnt on all the time so theres a second or so and at 13:1 I would bet he dosent just go down to Cheveron and fill it with 93 pump. Id imagine there is some Torco mixed in. C4 trans and an 8 second 1/4 mile tells me the car is also quite obnoxious at 75mph. Not exactly the kind of car you would take cross country. Is it quicker, yes. Is it faster and just sex on wheels, no.
Yes its a bad ass but we cant compare the two. If a McClaren F1 cand stand up to a Veryon then neither can a Fox.

yess but I think the op was thinking of a fox compared to a veyron as far as speed goes. a fox I don't think would ever go 250. but there is one on youtube going like 205racing a bike. it was a ***ing beast though.. as far as the 1/4 goes I think there was a notch on here that went 8's and had full amenities.

they sell for 1.4 mill. so im guessing you are exaggerating.
"After the release of the car, it has been reported that while each Veyron is being sold for £840,000, the production costs of the car are approximately £5 million per vehicle. This is not the price to produce one vehicle, but rather the cost of the entire Veyron project divided by the number of vehicles produced at that time."

Bugatti Veyron - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So yes and no. 5 million pounds it quite a bit more then 5 mil US dollars but on the other hand they are making more of them then initially intended. If they continue to produce them for a couple more years then it may drop below the $4,000,000 USD mark for cost per unit. :shrug:

Huh, learned something new myself just now. I didnt know there were several versions of the car and that this year they released a convertable version that also does 253.5 mph... unless the top is down then its governed to only 228 mph. :rlaugh:

BK, the car is just a group of unbelievable numbers. 8.0L 16 cylinder engine, 4 turbos, 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, 0-100 in 5.5 seconds, 1/4 mile is 10.2 @ 142 mph, 253.5 top speed (electronically limited), 1001hp amd 987tq and..... 8mpg :rlaugh:
I forget what it weighs but pretty sure its just over 2 tons. :eek:

I wish my **** was LIMITED! to ONLY 253mph... "oh yeah man let me get my tuner out and then ill really open er up" wtf I mean how fast does it really go? if its limited to 253?
I have wondered that myself. My guess would be about 265 but I bet aerodynamics cause issues at that speed and the car tries to fly.
I forget what its limited to in regular performance mode, I think its around 240. In top speed mode the car hydraulicly drops itself as low as it can and then it tucks its spoilers in to decrease drag. If you turn the steering wheel more then 45* or if you press the brakes the car automatically pulls itself out of "Top Speed" mode. :rlaugh:
Hell, when you brake from high speed the spoiler flips up and acts as an air brake. :eek:

Its truley a masterpiece and sadly I will never drive one or even sit in one. Its nice to dream though. I am just awed by all the tech and what it takes to make that kind of power reliably. Damn car has TEN radiators! :eek:

I have wondered that myself. My guess would be about 265 but I bet aerodynamics cause issues at that speed and the car tries to fly.
I forget what its limited to in regular performance mode, I think its around 240. In top speed mode the car hydraulicly drops itself as low as it can and then it tucks its spoilers in to decrease drag. If you turn the steering wheel more then 45* or if you press the brakes the car automatically pulls itself out of "Top Speed" mode. :rlaugh:
Hell, when you brake from high speed the spoiler flips up and acts as an air brake. :eek:

Its truley a masterpiece and sadly I will never drive one or even sit in one. Its nice to dream though. I am just awed by all the tech and what it takes to make that kind of power reliably. Damn car has TEN radiators! :eek:

Drive or sit in one? I thought I was damn lucky to even SEE one when I was in a Bentley dealership in Berlin. I never expect to see another one, let alone touch it or sit in it lol

And where are these Mach 1's you're seeing making 1000hp????

Never seen a 1000hp Mach, I am sure there are one or two out there though. The heads and block can hold it. With better pistons and rods and if its a 5-speed then you can use the stock crank and with a twin turbo setup make that 1000hp fairly easy. :shrug:

The Ls7's you speak of (new z06's) actually fail because of lack of material in the cylinder walls during boosted situations. I don't think I've heard or read much about splitting; or issues with nitrous even.

As far as the LS1-6; the blocks can handle the HP, but start having sealing issues and have seen issues over 14psi; especially the pistons. However there are documented 12-1500hp LS1-6 cars. Most go to the iron block when going boosted anyhow and you can pretty much make whatever you like at that point.

The 5.0 block is a shameful archillies heel for these cars. It's alot to undertake a $1500-2000 block ontop of the rotating assembly and machine work. Not to mention dressing and supporting it. In my case and many others it seems like it doesn't quite leave the room to grow. For example you dress a 302 combination with say my mods of AFR165s, a decent cam, steetish intake....then you add a blower. Stock shortblock is tired, so it's time to go bigger. Well here's where you have to draw a line. You can run a stock block based combo like a DSS setup (which I am heavily considering); gain some cubes and constantly worry if it's going to come apart as you literally max out all your supporting modifications. OR, you spend buku bucks on a laid out say BOSS block; in which you are a fool not to take advantage of the cubes and you need to replace pretty much everything. It'd be really nice to be able to just turn up the wick harder on a stock block setup and make the 600+ rwhp.

I'm really inbetween just taking the gamble between a 306 DSS or a 331; maybe even just the 306, keep the power down and HOPE that I am happy with it. Just don't want to look at that $ as a waste you know?

I can totally appreciate why the mod motor has had such an untertaking. When you don't have to put that $ into the block itself, you can sure spread it around alot of other places.

all this talk about the bugatti, that car really isnt that impressive, yea it does 253 MPH, but there are still cars that will smoke it around a road course that cost 1/3 the price.

all this talk about the bugatti, that car really isnt that impressive, yea it does 253 MPH, but there are still cars that will smoke it around a road course that cost 1/3 the price.
Do you watch Top Gear? The Veryon is at the very top of their lap times. Beats the Zonda, the ZR1, 911s of all flavors, Astons, Ariel Atom, Konisegg, Panoz, Lambo hell even the F-50 or the Maserati sibling are over 1 second slower on the track.
The car is insaine!! I think the only car that was quicker was the Zonda F and I am not sure about that.
There is NOTHING on the planet that can touch it stock. Never has been eaither. Its the fastest and quickest accelerating production car EVER.
Yes its expensive as hell, repairs are rediculous im sure, parts are ludicris too but there is no denying that its the highest performance factory car you can buy.

Yes it can.

My friend Steve's 94 makes 1000HP at the flywheel with only 310 cubic inches....it is an A4 block though

1994 Mustang GT 800 RWHP True Street On Trial- Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine

It has run 9's since the article...at over 150MPH. Sounds like an airplane going down the track! :)

My plan is to do my reserch very good then drop the cash. I will love to keep it a 302 block, but if the 351 is able to hack it without any sweet then maybe I will go with a 351 block. Ofcorse go with an aftermarket block and for sure all my internals forged and ARP all aroud. Let me know what you think