Fox Quiet Super Chargers???

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by Grabbin' Asphalt, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Are any made these days??

2. Powerdyne (Ford Racing is a Power dyne also) is belt driven and quiet. They were famous for breaking...

The Vortech V2 is much quieter then the v1.

I've got a car at the shop right now with a Novo 1000 and its pretty quiet

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

stykthyn likes this.
  3. Vortech SQ. You can barely hear it until you rev it up. But here's the real question... WHY would you not want to hear that lovely blower whine? I loved my first supercharger- an A trim- it had straight cut gears and would sing at 10lbs of boost.

4. Hahaha I've seen a few Powerdynes on craigslist.

I always found the whistling to be rather unpleasant to my ears :shrug:

5. Go with a Kenne Bell blowzilla...They have more of a whine than a whistle.

6. I like stealth. Just need to quiet the exhaust down a bit. The Corsa's sound nice but contrary to their claim I get the dreaded drone. The Corsa's will be for sale shortly.

Attached Files:

7. I put a Pypes "Pype-Bomb" CB on my car. It has LT's, O/R H-pipe, and no drone. Nice and deep at idle. Not to terribly raspy, very subtle at the highway speeds where my Flowmasters would deafen me.

8. I know a few guys that ran those Powerdynes. They actually never had any problems with them believe it or not. There is also a belt upgrade that pretty much alleviates all the problems.

Kurt

9. I outran a few powerdyne blown 5.0s back in the day with my HCI n/a combo. I wouldn't be surprised if they make competitive blowers, but I guess I've been biased against them since then.

10. x2 for the SQ Vortech units. Very hard to hear at idle.