R – Model Style front racing apron for 67/8

• Sponsors (?)

bosshog said:
Has anybody here have seen or have a picture of a 67/68 with this new racing apron from CobraAutomotive?

Not exactly the one from CobraAutomotive, but close:

7173074.jpg

4296076.jpg

Took the pictures at a local car show here in Sweden this summer and I unfortunately have no idea what kind of apron it is.

Håkan,

Thanks for the pictures:) I think the apron from cobraautotive resembles the 65/66 a little more. I don't like the way the apron flares out in the pics, Almost looks like they designed the apron using the stock bumper?

bosshog said:
Håkan,

Thanks for the pictures:) I think the apron from cobraautotive resembles the 65/66 a little more. I don't like the way the apron flares out in the pics, Almost looks like they designed the apron using the stock bumper?

Yes, it looks like he did, I think it also have a flip front, look close and you´ll see that the fender and headlight bucket is in one piece. If memory serves me right I think I once saw in a magazine that this car also have a McPherson strut front suspension.

bnickel said:
Håkan,
do you have any more pics of the gray 69 coupe parked next to the blue car? if so i would love to see them, thanks

Here you are:

3739075.jpg

4255077.jpg

8916078.jpg

1764079.jpg

Reason for that big paper bag under the front is that this show is held in a local park and they are afraid of getting oil on the grass there.

wow! i was wondering when someone would come out with an R-Model valance for my car! but for $500, i think i'll live a while longer.

although, i'd really like to see something similar to the Eleanor apron, where the profile doesn't sweep back & under so much,but keeps more of a vertical line.

burnout289 said:
wow! i was wondering when someone would come out with an R-Model valance for my car! but for $500, i think i'll live a while longer.

although, i'd really like to see something similar to the Eleanor apron, where the profile doesn't sweep back & under so much,but keeps more of a vertical line.

I am with you on that vertical thing. I am making one out of sheet metal for a form using the original valance tilted down by about 20 degrees and adding about two inches to the bottom, with a side sweep to meet the fender with new ground effects look at the bottom of the fender (Ground effects will be sheet metal). A local fiberglass guy is going to lay the glass for me for the valance. If it looks good we may decide to make more??? this way I can keep the bumper but it won't look like Beeker from the Muppets designed the chin of my 68' (ie. no pronounced chin) :nice:

68converted said:
I am with you on that vertical thing. I am making one out of sheet metal...QUOTE]
i would really like to see some pictures of this project! i have figured that the only way to get the look i want is to fab something, but i've never tried anything of the sort. also, i'd like to see the 'ground fx' you mentioned.

burnout289 said:
68converted said:
I am with you on that vertical thing. I am making one out of sheet metal...QUOTE]
i would really like to see some pictures of this project! i have figured that the only way to get the look i want is to fab something, but i've never tried anything of the sort. also, i'd like to see the 'ground fx' you mentioned.

I am drawing everything up now and should progress to the fab stage by this weekend. I will post some pics when I get a better grasp of how I want to get everything to work smoothly. Maybe I should just go with a 67 shelby nose piece? I know that I can do something in sheet metal for much less. Sweat is cheap. As for the ground effects, I plan using all sheet metal, in 16 guage (14 guage would be too hard to work with but I would love to use it.)

Pics will come as I get into the fab stage...

i have one on my car!

yes! coming back from carlisle with my racing apron from cobra automotive,very nice guys,the fits and quality incredibile,fit perfectly,and grill moulding fit right with no troubles...... :flag: