Race today!! Too funny! [long story]

CanadaStang

Sep 7, 2003
Mb
:rlaugh: Now I've seen it all :rolleyes: . I went out for a litle boot in the Stang tonight and noticed a Yellow 73' Mustang [nice paint job!!]with a duel ram air hood and MACH 1 in big letters along the bottom of the door following me as I pulled in for gas. When I stopped the guy who owned it came over to talk,when he asked me if my car was fast, I said " Ah, it's not too bad" then he went on and on about how fast his car was, and if I wanted to race him. So I thought sure what heck, it's not like I've never been beat before. I asked what he had for an engine and he just grinned but wouldn't tell me, but it sounded stock. Anyway, off we go out to the old closed highway, when we get there he slows down and stops and I pulled up beside him. On the 3rd beep we take off and I immediatly pull about 10 car lengths on him, thinking he screwed up I let off and he goes roaring past, I just let him go and follow him till he turns around,then do the same and pull up beside him again, he's laughing and says Wow,I sure kicked your a**, I was like Ummm....
Next race, 3rd beep, again I instantly pull 10 car lengths but I just kept going, by the end of the 1/4 I was about 30 car lengths ahead of him. When I stop and wait he pulls up behind me, gets out of his car and says " holy ****, are you running NOS? I'm like uh no. After we talk awhile he walks over and pops the hood on his car. :eek: Under the hood is a friggen 318 with a 2bbl carb!!!! He said it used to be a 6 but he took the motor out of his Dodge truck and welded it in [also cut, hacked and chopped anything that was in the way, including cutting a hole through one of the shock towers!!!] He said his truck was really fast so he figured he'd put the motor in his car, he was astounded that I could have beat him!! :nonono:
Wow, what a dumba**. I chuckled to myself all the way back to town. Just thought I'd share.

• Sponsors (?)

What a nub... first of all yes.. dodge motor in a Ford is just dumb... and him thinking he beat you the first time is just hilarious.... did u hit ur brakes hard to leave no doubt in his mind that u were letting off?

Jekyl said:
What a nub... first of all yes.. dodge motor in a Ford is just dumb... and him thinking he beat you the first time is just hilarious.... did u hit ur brakes hard to leave no doubt in his mind that u were letting off?

Hmmm... good question, I think I just let off and coasted. I was only going about 40km's when he went by, so I just figured it was pretty obvious but I guess he didn't think so.
He actually told me it was a 318 just before he lifted the hood to show me, but I just assumed he meant 302 so I was still kinda suprised to see it was indeed a 318. It had no air cleaner on it, the top of the carb was nearly hitting the hood [the scoops were fake]as he said he had to make the motor mounts pretty tall so the oil pan didn't rub on the steering arms, 3 different color spark plug wires. It looked really nice on the outside but the interior looked pretty ratty and I would have to say it wouldn't be a MACH1 but just had the decals on it.
Tonight when the g/f and I where out for supper two guys about 16 or so came up to us and said " I hear ya have NOS on your car" :rolleyes: