Race weight...

jmajorboner

Dec 14, 2004
With only the spare tire taken out of my car and about 1/4 tank it weighed in at 3150lbs. I weigh about 160 so my total is 3310lbs. with driver. What do you guys usually weigh in at?

List what you have done for weight because next time I am stripping the car before I go to the track.

• Sponsors (?)

i dont know my weight, but im dieing to find out. ive been trying to shed weight where i can. where did you weigh it at?

your weight seems pretty good. what times did you run at that weight?

ADRENLN said:
where did you weigh it at?

your weight seems pretty good. what times did you run at that weight?
My corrected time was a 14.00 with a 2.30 '60
I have been a few times where the track can take 2.0 '60s and it corrected to a 13.73...but average is 14.00

Oh and I weighed in at the track scales.
streetstang03 said:
things to reduce weight:
rear seat delete, take out passenger seat, remove spare/jack/tire iron/trunk carpeting/plywood covering spare, go w/ 1/4 tank gas.

a set of welds wouldnt be a bad idea either.

check this link out:
http://users.adelphia.net/~mustang-92/Weight Reduction.htm
According to that I am willing to take enough stuff out to lose 100lbs. I have the 99 GT 35th wheels that only weigh 17lbs so compared to the bullits I already have draglite wheels.:nice:

My 2000 GT wheels weighed in at 19# 14.4 oz. for one & 20# 0.8 oz. for the other, center caps were 3.6 oz. each, spare tire weighed 26# 15.0 oz. The '99 35th ann. wheels were slightly different than the deluxe GT wheels, who knows maybe they were alloyed with some magnesium to be that lite.