Raced 04 GT - Dead even

ARed1995GT

Dec 9, 2003
Boca Raton, FL
My mods are in signature.

he has an automatic and his mods are: throttle body, mass air, x-pipe, ported intake plenum, k&n, 3.73 gears, chip

20 mph roll - 120

Ok... I don't know if you guys remember me posting about him awhile back. Back when I raced him without my performer rpm intake and throttle body he beat me by 2 cars (without his 3.73 gears). Since that race I have added the performer rpm and throttle body, he has added 3.73 gears to his auto, which had 3.27's before. We ran a total of like 5 times. We ran 6 times but I missed 2nd one time (stock shifter blows, cant get it in quick enough). It was DEAD EVEN. On the last race I was ahead by like 3 feet and then i shifted from 3rd to 4th and he gained a foot hehe. I am pretty happy. He thinks im definitely capable of 13's and was more excited then me about how much faster the car is with an intake and throttle body.

We are going to run again soon because he never got his chip re-tuned after he got the 3.73's in so he says his timing is not on target. He might take me by a tiny tiny bit once its tuned right but once i get my mass air meter in (77mm) it should be even again.

All in all, good runs, I am happy i'm dead even with a new gt with mods.

• Sponsors (?)

That's awesome man. That was pretty much my short term goal for my car was to run with the new gt's so it's nice to see it wont take me a whole lot more to get there. Did it seem to gain a lot of power doing the intake without doing the heads? I was debating whether it would be worth or not for me to go that route since I cant afford the heads right now.

mystang94gt said:
That's awesome man. That was pretty much my short term goal for my car was to run with the new gt's so it's nice to see it wont take me a whole lot more to get there. Did it seem to gain a lot of power doing the intake without doing the heads? I was debating whether it would be worth or not for me to go that route since I cant afford the heads right now.
I have the performer rpm on my car right now with a new throttle body, it pulls A LOT harder when i get higher into the rpm's, im going to be putting on the performer 5.0 which makes power from idle - 5500, the performer rpm is on for now because the other upper had an vacuum leak, the rpm makes power from 1500 - 6500, i lost some torque with the rpm, but ill gain it back with the performer 5.0, i definitely think it is worth it to change the intake, i dont have money for heads right now, even with stock heads the intake makes a big difference, my neighbor dyno'd his at a 22rwhp gain (im using his intake hehe), and thats on stock heads, tb and maf. Get the edelbrock performer 5.0 on and u'll see 13's bro

Ok, not to steal your thread, but this is odd. The other day a GT revved it at me as I passed and followed me onto a back road. I was in front, he was behind, and I kicked it in. He kicked it in the same time, and I found out it was a 5 spd, but i slowly pulled away from him as we both floored it. He gave us the thumbs up and a honk as he passed.... :shrug: So he couldn't shift or I have a factory built beast of a 5.0. :D
:OT:
Also, there was a GT Tiburon behind him with this kid I don't like and he passed that guy after we were done then came up beside me and as he got beside me probably at 100 I kicked it in and got even before he got ahead of me, then he started to come over into my lane so I had to break. Now, he is telling people we raced and he blew me away. Can you say "ricer"? :mad:

Sorry, heres your thread back. :cheers:

Possible Ideas:

2 Fast, 2 Furious
Speed Trap
Pulled over again?
Don't take my license!
The highway IS my way.
Run what ya brung.
Anytime, anywhere.
So aaahhh.... you wanna race?
My mustang will beat your ______
Stoplight Warrior

Can you tell I'm bored at the desk job??

Kevin R. said:
Ok, not to steal your thread, but this is odd. The other day a GT revved it at me as I passed and followed me onto a back road. I was in front, he was behind, and I kicked it in. He kicked it in the same time, and I found out it was a 5 spd, but i slowly pulled away from him as we both floored it. He gave us the thumbs up and a honk as he passed.... :shrug: So he couldn't shift or I have a factory built beast of a 5.0. :D
:OT:
Also, there was a GT Tiburon behind him with this kid I don't like and he passed that guy after we were done then came up beside me and as he got beside me probably at 100 I kicked it in and got even before he got ahead of me, then he started to come over into my lane so I had to break. Now, he is telling people we raced and he blew me away. Can you say "ricer"? :mad:

Sorry, heres your thread back. :cheers:
get gears and u coulda pulled him harder, the guy i raced gets in gear before he honks it off, i dont get the tiny advantage of him having to downshift while im already in gear, the chip acts like a shift kit to a point, but yea its possible u pulled the new gt, i beat a new gt with my mods prior to the performer and tb, i got him by like 2 cars from 40 - 115, he had an x pipe, gears kept me hanging with everything who beat me heh, intake made it even, so we'll see what happens next

My sister just bought an 04 GT with the 4R70W and mine certainly seems faster than it. But it does only have a couple hundred miles on it and no one wants to really get on it yet.

Those cars drive very smoothly from the factory! I guess I had better get on the ball with my mods before she can afford to start doing stuff to hers.

Hope you don't mind me sharing a story real quick. My friend has a 2000 GT with some mods: 4.10's, C&L upper plenum, CAI, Flowpro mufflers, some sorta throttle body, and some pulleys. I think he has a few other things, but I don't remember. Anyway, my mods are in my sig, and I can hang with im pretty good now. He runs high 13s consistently. He smoked me at the track the other week cus I suck at launching at the track, but on the street, I can hang pretty good. My other friend, she has a new 04 GT, stock. I can hang with her, and pull on her some. Another friend has a Mach 1 with BBK longtubes, BBK O/R x-pipe, and Flowmaster Super 40s, I don't even bother racing him. LOL, I don't want to know just how slow my car is right now. :D