raced a camaro ss LS1

I am not disputing whether you won or not because crap happens, however, there is no near stock 5.0 gonna take down a LS1. The driver had to be a total azz-clown and didn't have a clue on driving. The closest that race would or should have been was the take-off. He should have just kept pulling you.

• Sponsors (?)

Is that a notch you drive? If so I don't have a problem beleiving that at all. 400lbs lighter than the rest. My car stock with exhaust has run a 9.0 at the 1/8 before and the ls1's usually run between 8.5-8.8 I think if I remember corectly, so with gears and little here's and theres I could definately see that. The LT1's run 8.9-9.3 stock and I watched the previous owner of my car stay dorr to door with an LT1. A GT or a vert would never do that though :nonono:

Oh yeah finally one more thing... I had a 95 Formula LT1 AUTO and it ate the piss out of my buddies 93 6 Speed LT1. I've also heard it from others even before I experienced it myself... sooo that's saying something if it was an auto :nice:

HoodStrype said:
Is that a notch you drive? If so I don't have a problem beleiving that at all. 400lbs lighter than the rest. My car stock with exhaust has run a 9.0 at the 1/8 before and the ls1's usually run between 8.5-8.8 I think if I remember corectly, so with gears and little here's and theres I could definately see that. The LT1's run 8.9-9.3 stock and I watched the previous owner of my car stay dorr to door with an LT1. A GT or a vert would never do that though :nonono:

Oh yeah finally one more thing... I had a 95 Formula LT1 AUTO and it ate the piss out of my buddies 93 6 Speed LT1. I've also heard it from others even before I experienced it myself... sooo that's saying something if it was an auto :nice:

yeah it is a notch. no spair tire

HoodStrype said:

well the LS1 shines after the 1/8 mile mark

Well maybe where you guys are they are averaging mid 13s, but I can assure you unless its a 98 car, the rest are low 13s all day long. Even when driven by sub par drivers they are hitting mid 13s.

Also an 8.7 in the 1/8 in a 5.0 is a LOT different than an 8.7 in the 1/8 for an LS1. The 5.0 might go 13.7 in the 1/4, and the LS1 will be in the 13.4 range. The LS1s shine on roll races which is why I dont see this being the norm.

He said he ran 105 mph on a Gtech. Gtechs measure the mph at the last second of the 1/4 pass, whereas the track measures an average over the last 60'. Therefore a Gtech will show a good 2-3 mph more than a real track. How many LS1s are trapping 102-103 mph where you live? The norm around here is 106-108 easily, and have seen a few 109-110 cars with very very minor things done (basically Lid only cars).

Oh well you 13 second cars continue to race them, Ill stay clear of them with my car!

Kinda off topic, but what would an a4 z28 with a average driver do with a lid and cat-back in a 1/8th? Theres this guy I talk to a lot thats pretty cocky with his and I'd love to show him that he's not all that. Ever since he upgraded from his v6 all he does is say he hates mustangs (especially mine since I beat his v6 before he upgraded) so I'd like to put his money where his mouth is. I'd just like to get a good goal set so I can build for it. Could a 3.73 geared fox on drag radials at least stay even with one through an 1/8th?

EDIT: Keep in mind hes never ran at a track before, but after a couple passes he should get it down.

98 or 99, 99 I think. Regular z28. The previous owner had full exhaust on it and ran a 13.3, but he was more experienced. The headers did leak on the car though, so thats why it's back to factory setup, minus the cat-back. That and a air lid.

90_Red_LX said:
Could a 3.73 geared fox on drag radials at least stay even with one through an 1/8th?

Nope. Sorry man, but I don't see your car running better than a low 9 at best. If your car is stock with drag radials and 3.73's he'll kill you. Time for a HCI swap :nice: