Roush raced a lamborghini

do-it

Nov 23, 2005
Jersey
Yesterday on my way to work(5AM), what do I come up on? A nice red lamborghini! Sweet. Those Italians know how to make a car look sexy.

Eventually we get to a fork, and we both stay left knowing whats ahead...a 2-mile stretch of road that is empty at that hour.

We take off and I lead with him right behind, I move over and he leads. I get right behind. That car is wide. He never pulled away but my feeling was the little bend in the road had him hold back but I wish he hadn't, I want to know where my baby stands. I live in reality(most of the time) and feel if he wanted to he could of disappeared.

I cant even explain the way that car switched lanes, it was more fun to be behind it then in front(like I had a choice)! It was also a great chance to let the Saleen loose...most of the time we kept a safe distance appart and when we needed to brake hard the Mustang performed flawlessly. It accelerated hard, although there was a shift or two when I cursed that stock piece of crap since I needed everything to keep up.

Of course the Lambo could have been brand new and he was still breaking it in and not getting on it hard but it gave me a thrill. While the acceleration/braking doesnt come close to some of my bikes, it does remind me why I love cars!

One last thing...after our stint and back on normal roads I come to a light. I hear this humming, kind of like a helicopter. Now Im doing the Ray Layota of Goodfellas paranoia thing looking out all my windows going...f...k! Thank goodness it was only a near by car with a muffler...LOL

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like fun! We have a guy in our town that has 3 of them! Grn. yellow and red! All the same model! It looks funny on Sat. mornings seeing 2 of them at Hardee's! Where in Jersey are you from? I grew up just outside of Trenton! Mark

Good story, hope you dont mind if I add one as well. The other day I'm on my way back to work and I pull up to a light on a nice wide 4 lane road, empty for that time of day, when I hear a rumble, look over and theres an 06 vette sitting next to me. Wheeee I think, I always wanted to see how I compare. heh heh The light went green and we both took off petal to the metal. Here's the amazing thing, it was like the cars were glued together wheel to wheel. From 0-90 or so neither car pulled ahead, even an inch. It was truly amazing, we both let out about the same time and looked over at each other as if to say "Can You Believe that!?" Then we both laughed and both gave thumbs up. I was glad to see I can hang with a Vette. (although it was not a Z06)

Twin Turbo Porsche vs. S351 Speedster

I had an encounter with a twin turbo porsche coming home from the Orange County Mustang Club Show at the Orange Circle in July of 2003......Talk about a rush. I'll admit that is was very dangerous as we were diving in and out of traffic doing at least 120mph:eek: :eek: My old roommate was driving my 98 S281 vert behind us and said he saw nothing but breaklights after we hit the gas. We kept it up for at least three miles. (for those of you familiar with OC it was on the 55 south between the 5 and 405 freeways). Glad no CHP officers were in the neighborhood or I would never had seen my speedster again, not to mention some jail time.........neither the porsche nor I could loose the other as we each spent what seemed to be seconds leading the "pursuit". It was enough fun for a life time and if there is a next time, I'll leave the extremely high speeds to the track :nice:

what the hell is the matter with you...in and out of traffic, we are supposed to be adults here. Just f'in with you, besides Im sure you have matured since then. Reminds me of how me and my budds would all wash our cars before leavin for the shore and when we would get there all our front wheels would be black from brake dust...damn bennies.

I wish my story was cooler, but i was hauling eastbound on the 210 and i go flying past a white lotus esprit... took me a second to realize what it was. so i slowed way down and waited for him to catch back up. beautiful white esprit, it was almost as loud as the saleen. so anyways, i get along side of it, and the guy looks over, and just punches it... this was my saleen's pre-kenne bell 2.2l days, so i grabbed for another gear but i couldnt reel him back in...:Damnit:

Ahhhhhhh Yes, those fun driving experiences/racing times really get your Adrenaline going!:D I like to Recall on the Early 90's when I would Vintage Race/Gentleman Race my 86 Saleen at Willow Springs Raceway in Rosemead, Ca where you can really test your ride out on a Historical Track! The first time I drove this track, I came off the last turn to hit the long straight away and hammered on the Fox which brought me up to 140 Mph only to find 2 cars pass me by as if I was standing still, No Joke! I could hear the thunder from behind as an Original 1967 427 Blue with White Stripped Cobra blew by me going about 180 Mph and J Bittle (From JBA Headers) came up on both us in his Red and White Stripped Vintage Racer 1967 GT500 Ground Thumping Road Shaking 9000 RPM (You should have heard her Scream) Shelby not only catching and passing me but catching the Cobra also! It looked like he was going in the 190's easy! There's nothing like those Old Ford muscle cars!:nice: At least I was able to cruise some laps and hang with an 89 SSC both of us pumping the AC because it was friggin' hot out there! Everyone was giving us a hard time because we were cruising in style! God I miss those days! I've got to get my newer Saleens out there soon! What a rush and way to relieve some stress! Thanks for bringing back some good memories!