Raced Roommate's 05 Last Night

jikelly

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 9, 2003
Lubbock Tx
My roommate and I went out racing his 05 GT outside of town last night. It was freaking awsome, even though we got beat a few times. There was only maybe 20 cars out last night, and most of them were late 90s camaros and Trans Ams. There was a viper and like three other mustangs from various years. We didn't try the viper but we raced a few of the camaros and the other mustangs. I actually had a hard time driving the 05 smoothly and was inconsistant with my shift points and launches. As a result I got smoked by a 80 something camaro. My roomate raced a neon and it took him so I didn't feel so bad after that. We had a great time, we met some cool guys, saw some cool cars, and only used up a 1/4 tank of gas. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

We went to the Lubbock Dragway drag strip in Idolu (is that how you spell that?) It was only 15 bucks per driver to run. It might not be something we can do every friday night but I'm sure my roommate will want to go again real soon. I'd like to take my 73 but its got some problems. My tranny needs a rebuild, my engine is leaking oil out of the front seal again, and my radiator started leaking a couple weeks ago. Major problems that I have no money to fix. :(