Raced stock srt-4, 96gt with 99 motor

ARed1995GT

Dec 9, 2003
Boca Raton, FL
before i ran the 99 gt and he would always take me by 1 car, this was before my performer rpm and tb, tonight we lined it up, all 3 of us and i pulled 1 car on the srt-4, beat it every time, from dig + roll, and with the 96 gt, we were dead even till we hit 100 and he inched out and at 115 - 120 he was 1 car ahead and then we shut it down, he pulls hard top end, he said tonight he was REALLY trying to drive it and i can see that he really was, before he wouldn't slam gears but tonight he was giving it his all, also, does a 200 pound passenger make a difference??

• Sponsors (?)

A little birdie told me you both had passengers

thats fair. if there was mroe than a 50 pound difference between your passengers... you could have stayed even if yall were both solo

i thought the srt-4's were faster than that? your mods seem kinda common (no offense), with your biggest for me being the intake so am i wrong in thinking that the srt-4 were faster, are you a amazing driver, or is there more to your mods than listed?

oh yea, and good race- it was on a deserted rode out somewhere right?

whats listed is what i got, i consider myself a good driver, without my performer rpm and tb i think the srt-4 mighta gotten me by a little bit, but i beat him because of that i believe, hes an ok driver, he did miss 1 gear once and fell back like 2-3 cars so that doesnt count, with my mods i should be low 14's, possibly high 13's, srt-4's run at best high 13's, but most of them run low 14's with a decent driver

snoozer, it will go to the track soon, gotta make sure its running up to par first, and before when me and him raced he would only take me by a car with 1 passenger, ive only raced him before when he had that kid in the car and i was driving solo

ARed1995GT said:
before i ran the 99 gt and he would always take me by 1 car, this was before my performer rpm and tb, tonight we lined it up, all 3 of us and i pulled 1 car on the srt-4, beat it every time, from dig + roll, and with the 96 gt, we were dead even till we hit 100 and he inched out and at 115 - 120 he was 1 car ahead and then we shut it down, he pulls hard top end, he said tonight he was REALLY trying to drive it and i can see that he really was, before he wouldn't slam gears but tonight he was giving it his all, also, does a 200 pound passenger make a difference??

dude where can you take it up to 115-120 around here? I live around the Boca area (Coral Springs) but I can't think of anywhere that I'd be able to take it that fast. Well then again I can't hit 120 lol, too small of an engine, but anyways, where do you do this? Just curious I guess, we both know how there's a cop on every corner in Boca

DcDisturbed947 said:
dude where can you take it up to 115-120 around here? I live around the Boca area (Coral Springs) but I can't think of anywhere that I'd be able to take it that fast. Well then again I can't hit 120 lol, too small of an engine, but anyways, where do you do this? Just curious I guess, we both know how there's a cop on every corner in Boca

Palmetto Road here in Boca is where everyone runs.

Did you put the Tri-Ax on?

I got beat by an SRT-4 that ran 12.8's @ 104mph. He had a 1.8 60 foot wich I thought was pretty good for a FWD car. I pulled on him slightly in 4th gear, I felt so dumb loosing to a Neon, but then I saw him pull up to the race gas area and pump in 108 octane. Made me feel a little better

ARed1995GT said:
no joe i have not put the tri-ax in yet, and i never race on palmetto, everyone races on yamato on mondays and thursdays at boca ale house, come out there sometime

dude is that a pretty popular place? I mean like so pretty good races go on around there?
I'd be cool to check it out, definitly wouldn't race though, lol don't want to embarrass myself :D

yea man, some good races go on, turbo porsche's, cobras, z06's go out and run, supercharged 95 cobra runs sometimes, i race when i can, come check it out monday or thursday around 9:30, ill be out of town the next week so i wont be out there, if u come by the week after look for me, its on glades and lyons, in that plaza

ARed1995GT said:
yea man, some good races go on, turbo porsche's, cobras, z06's go out and run, supercharged 95 cobra runs sometimes, i race when i can, come check it out monday or thursday around 9:30, ill be out of town the next week so i wont be out there, if u come by the week after look for me, its on glades and lyons, in that plaza

U know I'm definitly gonna check it out, sounds pretty cool thanks dude! :D :nice:

yea you got me haha, i plan to do mac longtubes with a mac prochamber, i have a prochamber on now but its for shorty headers, i will have to change it out to one for longtubes, i want to get a pro-m 77mm or 80mm mass air, and then get the longtubes in, i plan for around 240rwhp, around 285 - 290 rwtq

i ran a new srt-4 but he had the stage 2 and aftermarket intercooler and was on a 75 shot, i beat him by a half car, i have a stock h/c/i, with a 100 wet shot, full exhaust, full ignition, cai,tb, maf, clutch, 3.73's and more drivetrain stuff, how mcuh did your intake help out with the stock h/c? i am getting a eddy rpm inthe near future

hey man, this 96gt, is it white with a 3" Cobra R hood? i got a freind with a 96 and he did a engine swap but he wouldnt tell anyone what he was swapping in and i havent talked to him since school was out.anyways, as soon as i get home from france i need to buy some mac longtubes and a smaller pulley and then im gonna drive down south and meet up with you. do you hqve the performer or the performer RPM on your cqr?

TEALSQUEAL said:
i ran a new srt-4 but he had the stage 2 and aftermarket intercooler and was on a 75 shot, i beat him by a half car, i have a stock h/c/i, with a 100 wet shot, full exhaust, full ignition, cai,tb, maf, clutch, 3.73's and more drivetrain stuff, how mcuh did your intake help out with the stock h/c? i am getting a eddy rpm inthe near future

A performer intake will help you alot even with stock H/C