Racing for Pink slips

KisStang

Apr 2, 2006
Naperville IL
so i posted a thread in the "land of makebelieve" and everone told me i was stupid for doing this but i have already commited to it and so i now need addvice. long story short, im racing a 94 vette for pink slips. i have a v6 mustang at this point right now but we agreed to race when i get a v8 thrown in. this also gives him time to built his engine. we would love to get on the show pinks. as a side note i won my car in a contest so i have no $$$ in it. here is the website i made for the entire thing chevyfordshowdown.com what ya think?

• Sponsors (?)

wow..

i think u either have massive balls or really dumb anyway.. get that v8 with a decent hci then throw a 200shot of nos and u got a new vette to sell and rebuild the engine u jus toasted:owned:

2 questions..

how much money you have to put into the engine?

power cost money. ****s loads of it.

how much money the other guy got to do this?

im pulling for you but your going have your hands full :shrug:

Lets see... he's already has a vette... and probally has money... you have no money and are starting off with a V6 Mustang.

It sounds to me like a vette driver is going to have a new daily driver.

uh oh, maybe we should help this guy out and send him some parts...

nah we're poor too. I personally raced my buddies 86 vette, and I barely beat him, probably just drivers though. Is it a stick or an auto. I am sorry dude, but I think your'e fugged

:shrug:,seems like a lot of work,effort and expense just to go after some a**hole Vette owner who is talking **** about your V-6 Mustang.

Good luck with this one.

I would never race for pinks.Whoever is faster wins.It`s not worth losing a car over a stupid race.

guys, the idea is to gain an audience with the website and hopefully get on PINKS if at all possible. With all the mustang enthusiast around hopefully can maybe get a dollar donation from a few thousand people which would fund the whole thing (v8 swap etc). I mean come on.. its a dollar. Im gonna donate a dollar, cuz I wanna see another stang on pinks. Yea, he isnt starting off with a real great plateform being its a v6... but you gotta remember most of the fox bodies that have been on that show started off as 4 banger lxs.

BTW, the vette IS an auto.

V6 stang... you'll need another rear-end, maybe go carbed since you may not be able to find a donner car for all the parts you'd need. Unless you know all this and have a secret weapon on your mind or something... Gut the entire car, no power steering, no seats but your own, nothing...

Sounds like a lost cause to me... good luck to ya anyway

No offense...

But at the moment you are talking **** and have NOTHING to back it up but day dreams.

Get the V8 in and then talk ****...

Actually, you'd be better off just starting with a V8 car as the swap is a pain in the ass.

Swarzkopf said:
No offense...

But at the moment you are talking **** and have NOTHING to back it up but day dreams.

Get the V8 in and then talk ****...

Actually, you'd be better off just starting with a V8 car as the swap is a pain in the ass.

Really... sell the dick cylinder slowstang and get a real mustang.

IOW: Your not one of us... go away...

Well I cant imagine making things any harder on yourself. I wouldnt worry about a 94 vette to much if you were already starting with a V-8 also, but it usually takes more than a month to iron out all the little things after doing a swap like that as well as having to learn howto drive it well on the track. Im sure alot of us have seen where 2 dirvers will drive the same car and have hugely different times. If your not going to back out try to stall for as much time as you can get. Your going to need it. If the guy who owns the vette is a true chevy freak and has money to spend he can make that car blazing fast for less than $5000.

03-04 transplant, there are a few motor trans from these cars out there, then a new rear, port the crap out of the charger, and the heads, then race. This could all be had for around 4k to 10k and you could still throw nitros in for good measure. I'm in.

What he needs to do is a budget build HILLBILLY HP! (im known for doing this kinda stuff myself :rolleyes: )

You take a trip out to the JY and grab the first 351 or 460 you find.

You dissassemble the whole thing and pay the 100 bucks to have the block bored/honed. Take the heads and have them milled. MAJORLY. this will bring compression up to dangerous levels.

Spend the $300 or so it takes for a decent cam.
Buy an after market intake and carb = 6-700 bucks.

Crude nitrous kit = $500 bucks

with a 351 or 461 thats cammed and majorly high compression its very easy to make 400 hp. Granted, it probably wont run on pump gass but you get the point here.

So generally, for 3k he can have 400 or so hp with a good 150 shot of nitrous to stick on top of it. thats a good 11 sec or faster car. It wont be pretty and it might not be street friendly... but it will run times.

:shrug:

I dunno here.. Im voting for hillbilly HP. Its cheap, its fast, it works. And it keeps things simple. IE no efi swap, no need for computer tunning, etc.