Racing Fuel

tonykey1958

Jun 30, 2016
I have a 408 stroker motor don't know what the internals are it ran good and I did a Trans swap while the car was down drain drain the gas and replaced it with 114 octane racing fuel and. Car. Runs bad is it to much octane thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Potentially. Depends on what you mean by "runs bad" If it's just not running as good performance wise as it did before on lower octane, then yeah,...you could look at that. Higher octane fuels burn slower and cooler than lesser octane does.
If the car is running poorly as in won't idle, coughs, hacks,...then that is a totally different story, and more than likely not necessarily fuel related.
Ask @84Ttop or @srtthis...these guys are racers, they use that $10.00 a gal stuff......they'd know.

Does this car still have it's cats?

Unless the car is more than 13:1 compression or seeing 20+ lbs of boost 114 octane fuel is way off base. Without knowing the specifics and I mean all of them about the combination of parts I wouldn't recommend anything...

FWIW @madmike1157 C16 is $14.50 a gallon now :cool:

Reactions: 1 user
Unless the car is more than 13:1 compression or seeing 20+ lbs of boost 114 octane fuel is way off base. Without knowing the specifics and I mean all of them about the combination of parts I wouldn't recommend anything...

FWIW @madmike1157 C16 is $14.50 a gallon now :cool:
You crazy.

Thanks for reminding me why I don't race anymore.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a 408 stroker motor don't know what the internals are it ran good and I did a Trans swap while the car was down drain drain the gas and replaced it with 114 octane racing fuel and. Car. Runs bad is it to much octane thanks
what led you to believe that it needed race gas? Just because it's a 408 stroker doesn't mean it won't run on pump gas.