Racing seats for a 65 coupe

Scudly

Dec 9, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
So I've been looking at racing seats lately for my 65 coupe and I like the look and the price of the Corbeau's. Rather then update a very old post i quoted someone below and wanted to know if the seat would fit me. I'm 6'2" - 190 lbs and I want a good pair of seats at a reasonable price.

Or do you guys have other recommendations? I saw some seats on summit, brand was Rampage for $200 also... wasn't sure about those since I could not find a review anywhere.

I thought about the Corbeau CR1's but luckily I sat in them before purchase, they are way too small for me at 5'11" - 175 lbs, the shoulder area especially. Maybe check to see if they make a larger version.

• Sponsors (?)

I have Fiero seats....though I still need to re-cover them, I paid $100 for the pair...just your usual grey cloth...however there are certain Fiero GT seats you can find that came factory leather....finding them in good condition for a decent price though is harder....Fiero seats have the advantage of having speakers in the headrest(or even the ones that don't, they are easy to add)

p.s. in the junkyard you can sometimes find Fiero seats and get away with the pair for $50 or less

PicturesfromKellysCameraJune1420-31.jpg

mine....

grass009.jpg

a picture of a pair re-covered in matching vinyl

I've run corbeau racing seats and they are tight. Comfy little arm supports but a rough ride. I had 2002 Cobra seats that raised me up, head an inch from the roof. I have 06 Viper seats now and reinforced the floor and removed the floor seat riser pan to get it to sit where I want. The seat is comparable to the corbeau but it can tilt forward a little.

Try doing a search.

I've run corbeau racing seats and they are tight. Comfy little arm supports but a rough ride. I had 2002 Cobra seats that raised me up, head an inch from the roof. I have 06 Viper seats now and reinforced the floor and removed the floor seat riser pan to get it to sit where I want. The seat is comparable to the corbeau but it can tilt forward a little.

Try doing a search.

When you say they're tight, do you mean for your build? Like what is your height and weight?

The biggest reason I want to do racing seats is because I want to do something safer than a lap belt and I don't wanna put a hole in my headliner to doing a 3 point.

I did some searches last night before re-bumping, but not much surfaced.

I bought these off of ebay 4 years ago and have been very please. I have to release the seat back to get out so they hold me great and I am only 150Lbs. but I love the differents from the old seats and was able to find the same fabric material to cover my center console center.
View attachment 250024

Are those Corbeaus? Whats the biggest person you've had sit in them and how did they fit?

No they are as much as I hate to say it...Cheap seats.
I dont think I paid more than $425.00 for both.
I have not had anyone over 200 in the car but as wide as it is I would imagine that they would be fine for most folks. If I need to measure across the base and side bolsters let me know.

No they are as much as I hate to say it...Cheap seats.
I dont think I paid more than $425.00 for both.
I have not had anyone over 200 in the car but as wide as it is I would imagine that they would be fine for most folks. If I need to measure across the base and side bolsters let me know.

Honestly for $425 for Both I'd consider those, does that ebay seller still sell them per chance? I just want to fit comfortably, like I said, 6'2 and 190 lbs.

I found a dealer that sells some Corbeaus and probably other seat, so I'll be sitting in a couple to see what they're like.

The biggest reason I want to do racing seats is because I want to do something safer than a lap belt and I don't wanna put a hole in my headliner to doing a 3 point.

If you don't want a lap belt and dont want to do a 3 point belt what are your plans for the belts? you don't have to mount them to the roof.

I have Scat ProCar Seats, and love them. I just recovered the rear to match too.

2164272_9.jpg

well hell if you only want cloth seats, do the Fiero seats...they have just as much bolstering as most aftermarket seats, then you can just dye them to whatever color you want...I doubt you will find anything as comfortable for a better price...as for $875 for a set of seats....thats just plain crazy, no offense meant, your paying for the brand (htwheels67 didnt you find yours in a junkyard somewhere too? they are nice seats) just to let you know...recaros came in a lot of stuff stock...I believe for instance the 93 Dodge Spirit R/T had Recaros, with somewhat lower side bolsters...not that most people who have a Spirit R/T will sell the seats...but, thats just one example

my advice is to go take a browse through the local junkyard and see what you can find...that way you can sit in the seats before you buy them