Radiator Advice

Hey guys,

I'm looking to upgrade my radiator. Mine is a one row cheap thing I bought from pep boys when I first bought the car.

I'm looking at either the summit universal , 31x19 or 27x19, or the mishimoto "direct fit ". I've been doing some research and it seems the summit works great but there are some fitment issues with the hoses and brackets. I am running a taurus fan and no a/c. Can someone expound on these fitment issues and if it would be better to go with the mishimoto "direct fit" from your experience ?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

champion- all aluminum, not plastic end pieces, made in the USA with a liftetime warranty. Bought a new 2 core for about $150. Used them in 2 cars now, If you want to spend more money for top of the line then go with a BeCool or Griffin. Avoid cheap Chinese made or radiators with plastic end tanks.

Hey guys,

I'm looking to upgrade my radiator. Mine is a one row cheap thing I bought from pep boys when I first bought the car.

I'm looking at either the summit universal , 31x19 or 27x19, or the mishimoto "direct fit ". I've been doing some research and it seems the summit works great but there are some fitment issues with the hoses and brackets. I am running a taurus fan and no a/c. Can someone expound on these fitment issues and if it would be better to go with the mishimoto "direct fit" from your experience ?

Thanks!

Thanks for considering our radiator for your Mustang! The single row plastic end-tank radiators may be sufficient for cooling a stock vehicle, but they tend to lose efficiency with vehicles producing greater power. In addition, the reliability provided by an all aluminum radiator is a big plus. Our direct-fit radiator is thicker than stock but will bolt into place just like the factory unit. It should have no issue keeping temperatures within spec during any driving conditions.

Let me know if I can answer any specific questions about our Fox Body radiator!

Thanks
-John

I have the mishimoto aluminum 2 core on my 363 s trim car and all is well with temp

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate